Radiology Student Extern PRN Various Shifts
Company: Walker Medical Center
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Walker Baptist Medical Center: Located in Jasper, this facility
is equipped with 267 beds and specializes in cardiology;
orthopedics, including rehabilitation; psychiatric care; urology;
and detox therapy. Summary
Under the direct supervision of a registered imaging technologist,
the Imaging Student Extern will performs a variety of tasks and
procedures related to imaging and the imaging process in which they
learned in class and practiced in the school setting. These tasks
have also been practiced with demonstrated competency during
clinical rotations at a Tenet Hospital. Responsibilities
- Assist technologist with imaging procedures and may position
patient for specified X-Ray exams according to department
protocols/procedures and transport patients as necessary.
- Adhere to established departmental policies and procedures,
objectives, quality assurance programs, safety and environmental
- Works well with all Radiologists to ensure the smooth operation
of the department.
- Prepares written documentation as required by department and
hospital policies to record history of patient's illness or injury
in their course of care in radiology.
- Ensures equipment functions, orderliness and cleanliness of
- Checks availability of supplies and accessories necessary to
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and functions
well in stressful situations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested which
are within capabilities with reasonable accommodations
Required: Full-time student in good standing in an accredited
school of Radiologic Technology. Experience
Computer skills are a plus since part of the job is working on the
PACS (digital imaging) computer. Certifications
Required: BLS2205023651Employment practices will not be influenced
or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals
with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue
Keywords: Walker Medical Center, Birmingham , Radiology Student Extern PRN Various Shifts, Healthcare , Jasper, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!