Perinatal Ultrasonographer Eastern OBGYN
Company: BHC Brookwood Market
Posted on: November 18, 2023
The responsibilities of the Perinatal Sonographer include, but
are not limited to:
- Perform detailed fetal anatomic exams, biophysical profiles,
3D/4D imaging studies, and gynecological exams; including
transabdominal and transvaginal procedures.
- Prepare patients; collect relevant clinical information for
completion of accurate procedures.
- Demonstrate effective communication with OBGYN providers, to
include concise and organized case presentation.
- Perform patient care and daily tasks with a team approach.
Interact with administrative staff and nursing staff in a manner
that promotes continuity of patient care.
- Participate in maintenance of AIUM accreditation.
- Attend and participate in mandatory departmental meetings.
Attend and participate in departmental conference calls as
- Prepare, utilize, and manage ultrasound equipment. Recognize
significant diagnostic information in order to maintain proper
- Perform proper high-level disinfection of endovaginal probes
using CIdex systems. Maintain daily quality control for infection
- Perform all necessary computer operations including reporting
and billing functions (Viewpoint, Athena).
- Maintain a clean work area by following infection control
protocols and sterile techniques
- Maintain supplies for all examinations. Assist with annual
REQUIRED: Minimum of 1 year as a staff sonographer
PREFERRED: 3 years as a sonographer in an Ob/Gyn or
perinatal/maternal-fetal medicine setting
REQUIRED: Graduate of an accredited Diagnostic Radiologic
Technologist program and competently cross-trained in ultrasound
and/or graduate of an accredited Diagnostic Medical Sonography
program. Responsible for maintaining annual certification.
American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers -
Current CPR certification*
#LI-MS32305047889Employment practices will not be influenced or
affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic
information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue
Keywords: BHC Brookwood Market, Birmingham , Perinatal Ultrasonographer Eastern OBGYN, Healthcare , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!