Registered Nurse (RN) Cardiovascular Stepdown
Company: St. Vincent's Health System, AL
Posted on: October 11, 2018
Job ID: 277485 Registered Nurse (RN) Cardiovascular Stepdown Birmingham, Alabama Regular Additional Job Information Title: RN-Registered Nurse Cardiovascular Stepdown - Full-Time / Nights City, State: Birmingham,AL Location: St Vincent's East Department: Stepdown Intermediate Care 002 - CVOU Additional Job Details: Full-Time / Nights, 72 hours Bi-Weekly 3 12 hour shifts per week. 7p to 7a. About Us St. Vincent's Health System, part of Ascension, is made up of St. Vincent's Birmingham, St. Vincent's Blount, St. Vincent's East, St. Vincent's St. Clair, St. Vincent's One Nineteen Health and Wellness, and the St. Vincent's Ambulatory Healthcare Network, which includes a wide range of services, from family care to home health. Together, we provide a special brand of personalized, compassionate care that balances high touch with high tech, meeting the needs of people in more than 40 communities. St. Vincent's East Hospital Campus - Trussville, AL St. Vincent's East is licensed for 362 beds and is located just 20 minutes from downtown. It sits between Irondale and Trussville, AL. It is a general medical and surgical facility that offers a variety of programs and services to fit individual, corporate, and community needs. It is the second largest Ascension hospital in the Birmingham area. It is situated on a hill overlooking the beautiful community of Trussville, AL. This hospital has a suburb feel which appeals to those outlying communities that prefer not to have to drive downtown. St. Vincent's East provides all the service lines that our downtown hospital provides except for Birth Suites and NICU which is exclusive to our downtown location. It is the home for our only Behavioral Health service line and offers a level III Emergency Department.
- Great location with suburb feel patients not wanting to drive downtown.
- Part of the largest faith based, not for profit hospitals in Alabama.
- Behavioral Health Facility on the East campus.
- Free and easy parking for hospital and physical appointments.
- Offers all the major service lines except Birth Suites/NICU.
- Easy access from many rural communities.
- Hospital has a longstanding presents in the community.
- Excellent staff that provides care for those in their community. Job Description Job Summary: 4North, Cardiovascular Step-Down is a private 18 bed unit that specializes in cardiac care for patients who have had open heart surgery. You will see cardiovascular/thoracic patients and families that are post coronary artery bypass graft surgery (CABG), heart caths, valve replacements, thoracotomies, and many other cardiothoracic surgical procedures. You will also see general medical surgical patients that may have a primary cardiac diagnosis/history with co-morbidities that may need telemetry monitoring, as well as those patients needing critical cardiac drips. On 4N, you will be trained to detect medical issues before they become a problem, so that you can respond to those emergent situations quickly and confidently. You will have many opportunities for assessments, lab value analysis, patient/family teaching, wound care, IVs, and medication administration/ management. Our average nurse to patient ratio is 4:1. Our beds are normally full, in high demand, and our staff is very rarely cancelled. Here at St. Vincent's East, you will be joining a motivated, energetic staff and will be introduced to a team environment. Responsibilities:
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Associate Professional Registered Nurse credentialed from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Education:
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required Work Experience:
- None required. Equal Employment Opportunity As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information. Share: -->
Keywords: St. Vincent's Health System, AL, Birmingham , Registered Nurse (RN) Cardiovascular Stepdown, Healthcare , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!