Mental Health Therapist (Relocation to Greenwood OR Biloxi MS)
Company: Youth Villages
Posted on: November 10, 2018
Now offering $4,000 Relocation Assistance and $6,000 Sign-On/Retention Payment!Who is Youth Villages?Youth Villages is a nonprofit organization striving to help troubled youth and families live successfully. We are a team of 2,900 individuals who?ve come together across 12 states to change the landscape of child welfare and juvenile justice across the country.? Our work involves providing an array of counseling and treatment services to youth with severe emotional and behavioral problems.? Eighty-four percent of those who go through treatment are succeeding two years after leaving our program. These youth are living at home, remaining in school, and are not experiencing trouble with the law.We believe strongly in investing in and supporting our employees. We offer candidates opportunities to develop a career and be part of a positive change in our country?s treatment of at-risk youth and families.?Can I see myself here?We have found our staff succeeds at Youth Villages when they:Are passionate about social services and dedicated to helping at-risk youth and familiesValue feedback and accountability Value the collaboration that comes from working on a team and thrive working on their ownEnjoy variety in their schedule and not sitting behind a desk all dayAre results and detailed orientedHave a sense of humor and find creative ways to implement ideas Value a strength-based treatment approach Can change priorities quickly Are looking for more than just a jobHow will I make a difference?Program Overview *Ask about our Sign- On & RelocationYouth Villages MYPAC uses the family-driven, strengths-based wraparound approach. The goal of the MYPAC program is to provide intensive support and assistance to families until a strong formal and informal support network can be developed and built around the child and family that will enable the child to be successful long-term in his or her own home.Position OverviewWithin the MYPAC program, our Mental Health Therapists are available to provide in-home therapy, family therapy, individual therapy, and specific therapies to address trauma and substance abuse, if needed. Primary Service Coordinators provide intensive care coordination and help the families to build support teams consisting of natural and formal supports. Youth Villages MYPAC also offers psychiatric evaluation and medication management services through board-certified psychiatrist and psychiatric nurse practitioner.
- Conducting 12-15 sessions per week
- Conducting sessions in the family?s home and community
- Meeting with youth and families around their schedule
- Sessions may be individual, family, or marriage therapy depending on what the family desires (therapists also receive training in EBPs as necessary to provide specialized therapies ? TFCBT/ACRA)
- Developing and implementing treatment plans
- Providing after hours support to youth and families through being on-call to caseloads Monday-Friday and rotating weekend on-call duties
- Attending three weekly meetings (individual, team, and clinical consultation) for professional development to help enhance clinical skillsAdditional InformationSchedule is flexible and non-traditional; based around the availability of youth and families served. Applicants must have a valid driver?s license, a personal vehicle to use for work purposes and auto insurance. Community Based staff will be reimbursed for applicable mileageHow can I be considered for the position?You can be considered for this position if you meet the following qualifications:Master?s degree in social services field; degrees that can be considered include: social work, drug and alcohol education or counseling, psychology, criminal justice, guidance counseling, or marriage and family therapy. Other degrees will have to be evaluated further to determine if they meet the qualifications.Experience working with at-risk youth and/or families in a volunteer, internship, or paid position; clinical experience is preferredWillingness/desire to maintain an untraditional scheduleStrong writing skills and experience with electronic documentation Acceptable driving record- Two or fewer moving violations within the past 36 monthsHow will you invest in me?One of our core values is that we are committed to our staff. We will help you take your career with us wherever you want it to go. We offer staff:Affordable access to medical, prescription, dental, and vision insurance plansTuition Reimbursement and Licensure SupervisionPriority consideration for leadership openings throughout the organizationMileage and cell phone reimbursementRetirement savings pension plan and a 403(b) and FSAPaid time off: Two weeks for vacation,?ten paid holidays, and 12 sick days annuallyPaid Parental LeaveSupportive leadership and coworkersEOE
Keywords: Youth Villages, Birmingham , Mental Health Therapist (Relocation to Greenwood OR Biloxi MS), Healthcare , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!