Speech Therapist - Rehab
Company: St. Vincent's Health System, AL
Posted on: November 11, 2018
Job ID: 263699 Speech Therapist - Rehab Birmingham, Alabama Regular / Day Additional Job Information Title: Speech Therapist - Language City, State: Birmingham,AL Location: St Vincent's Birmingham Department: Rehab Services General Additional Job Details: PRN,Days About Us St. Vincent's Health System, part of Ascension, is made up of St. Vincent's Birmingham, St. Vincent's Blount, St. Vincent's East, St. Vincent's St. Clair, St. Vincent's One Nineteen Health and Wellness, and the St. Vincent's Ambulatory Healthcare Network, which includes a wide range of services, from family care to home health. Together, we provide a special brand of personalized, compassionate care that balances high touch with high tech, meeting the needs of people in more than 40 communities. Job Description Job Summary: The Speech Therapist evaluates and treats patients requiring speech-language therapy. Responsibilities:
- Performs therapy interventions utilizing standard therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the condition of the patient.
- Educates and counsels patient and family regarding treatment plans.
- Maintains clinical records and follows performance improvement recommendations.
- Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from speech therapy services. Provides information regarding appropriate support programs.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Speech-Language Pathologist credentialed from the Alabama Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Education:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent required
- Master's degree in a related field, or combination of Bachelor's degree and related experience preferred Work Experience:
- 3 Years Preferred Technical Experience. Equal Employment Opportunity As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information. Share: -->
Keywords: St. Vincent's Health System, AL, Birmingham , Speech Therapist - Rehab, Healthcare , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!