Registered Nurse (RN) Behavioral Health
Posted on: January 16, 2019
We Are Hiring Position: Registered Nurse (RN) Department: Behavioral Health - Adlt Psychiatry Nrsng Unit 001 Shift: Full-Time, Rotating Location: St Vincent's East - Trussville, ALWhy Join Employer? St. Vincent's Health System, part of Employer, is made up of St. Vincent's Birmingham, St. Vincent's Blount, St. Vincent's East, St. Vincent's St. Clair, St. Vincent's One Nineteen Health and Wellness, and the St. Vincent's Ambulatory Healthcare Network, which includes a wide range of services, from family care to home health. Together, we provide a special brand of personalized, compassionate care that balances high touch with high tech, meeting the needs of people in more than 40 communities.
Leading with Mission: Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide everything we do at Employer. They are foundational to our work to transform healthcare and express our priorities when providing care and services, particularly to those most in needOne Employer: We are One Employer. We share a drive to care for people and provide the best possible outcomes for our patients. Personalized care is our calling, and teamwork is the way we provide it.More Than a Job: Working for Employer is more than just a job. It's a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community.Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.Compensation/Benefits: At Employer, we provide a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.Wellbeing Programs: Transforming healthcare starts with taking care of our associates. We know our associates are busy and on the go. We provide our team resources and tools to help them proactively manage their physical, spiritual, and emotional wellbeing.Strength in our People: At Employer, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve, associates benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages. We also support work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace.St. Vincent's East Hospital Campus – Trussville, ALSt. Vincent's East is licensed for 362 beds and is located just 20 minutes from downtown. It sits between Irondale and Trussville, AL. It is a general medical and surgical facility that offers a variety of programs and services to fit individual, corporate, and community needs. It is the second largest Employer hospital in the Birmingham area. It is situated on a hill overlooking the beautiful community of Trussville, AL. This hospital has a suburb feel which appeals to those outlying communities that prefer not to have to drive downtown. St. Vincent's East provides all the service lines that our downtown hospital provides except for Birth Suites and NICU which is exclusive to our downtown location. It is the home for our only Behavioral Health service line and offers a level III Emergency Department.
Great location with a suburban feel for patients not wanting to drive downtown.Part of the largest faith based, not for profit hospitals in Alabama.Behavioral Health Facility on the East campus.Free and easy parking for hospital and physical appointments.Offers all the major service lines except Birth Suites/NICU.Easy access from many rural communities.Hospital has a longstanding presence in the community.Excellent staff that provides care for those in their community.What You Will Do As a Registered Nurse with St. Vincent's Health System-AL, you will have the opportunity to provide direct patient care to behavioral health patients in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the facility.As a Behavioral Health RN, you will:
- Perform initial and on-going bio-psychosocial assessments according to accepted standards of nursing practice. Develop a nursing plan of care consistent with the master treatment plan.
- Participate in treatment team conferences to assist in planning and revising goals, objectives and interventions appropriate to the age-related and problem-specific needs of each patient.
- Implement nursing plan of care for assigned patients and conduct and/or co-leads group therapy sessions for patients.
- Evaluate patient's response to interventions and revises nursing plan of care as needed. Collaborate with the treatment team to revise goals, objectives and interventions appropriate to the changes in patient status.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Associate Professional Registered Nurse credentialed from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Education:
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing requiredWork Experience:
- None required.Equal Employment Opportunity As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law. Please note that Employer will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Employer will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify Statement St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information. (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Birmingham , Registered Nurse (RN) Behavioral Health, Healthcare , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!