Surgical Services Coordinator
Posted on: January 16, 2019
We Are Hiring Surgical Services Coordinator - Surgery 001 - Full-Time, Day - St Vincent's East - Birmingham, ALWhy Join Employer? St. Vincent's Health System, part of Employer, is made up of St. Vincent's Birmingham, St. Vincent's Blount, St. Vincent's East, St. Vincent's St. Clair, St. Vincent's One Nineteen Health and Wellness, and the St. Vincent's Ambulatory Healthcare Network, which includes a wide range of services, from family care to home health. Together, we provide a special brand of personalized, compassionate care that balances high touch with high tech, meeting the needs of people in more than 40 communities.St. Vincent's East Hospital Campus – Trussville, ALSt. Vincent's East is licensed for 362 beds and is located just 20 minutes from downtown. It sits between Irondale and Trussville, AL. It is a general medical and surgical facility that offers a variety of programs and services to fit individual, corporate, and community needs. It is the second largest Employer hospital in the Birmingham area. It is situated on a hill overlooking the beautiful community of Trussville, AL. This hospital has a suburb feel which appeals to those outlying communities that prefer not to have to drive downtown. St. Vincent's East provides all the service lines that our downtown hospital provides except for Birth Suites and NICU which is exclusive to our downtown location. It is the home for our only Behavioral Health service line and offers a level III Emergency Department.
Great location with suburb feel patients not wanting to drive downtown.Part of the largest faith based, not for profit hospitals in Alabama.Behavioral Health Facility on the East campus.Free and easy parking for hospital and physical appointments.Offers all the major service lines except Birth Suites/NICU.Easy access from many rural communities.Hospital has a longstanding presents in the community.Excellent staff that provides care for those in their community.What You Will Do As a Surgical Services Coordinator with St. Vincent's Health System-AL, you will have the opportunity to coordinate activities and tasks in support of surgical and central sterile services.You will:
- Coordinates shift operations including scheduling, assigned activities, and resources.
- Serves as a technical or functional resource for staff and performs similar duties.
- Assigns, monitors and reviews progress of work. Monitors and reports compliance with policies and procedures.
- Oversees and evaluates orientation and training of assigned associates. May provide input in the review and evaluation of staff performance.
- Oversees utilization and maintenance of supplies, instruments, and equipment.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Associate Professional Registered Nurse credentialed from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Surgical Tech credentialed from the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT).
- Surgical Tech credentialed from the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA). Education:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience or
- Associate's degree, or Technical degree requiredWork Experience:
- Most have OR experience
- Previous leadership experience preferredEqual Employment Opportunity As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law. Please note that Employer will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Employer will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify Statement St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information. (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Birmingham , Surgical Services Coordinator, Healthcare , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!