Registered Nurse - Stepdown Job in Birmingham, AL
Company: Gifted Healthcare
Posted on: February 15, 2019
JOB REQUIREMENTSIntermediate Medical Care Unit/IMCU Registered Nurse (RN) Travel JobRegistered Nurse in the Intermediate Medical Care Unit, care for patients who need a moderate level of attention. Patients', in this unit, aren't as self-sufficient as those in standard in-patient rooms, but they are not as critical as those in the Intensive Care Unit.Intermediate Medical Care Unit/IMCU RN Responsibilities:
- IMCU nurses treat patients who are suffering from serious conditions, such as diabetes mellitus, electrolyte imbalances, renal failure, liver failure, gastrointestinal bleeds, blood disorders, cancer, sepsis, respiratory distress or multi-system organ failure
- The IMCU RN assess each patient's needs individually and collects relevant data, such as temperature, blood pressure and pain levels, according to the facility's prescribed procedure.
- Conduct ongoing assessments of each patient's status in accordance with the facility's requirements.
- Perform physician prescribed treatments in a timely manner
- Communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians, and coworkers, being an advocate for the patient at all times
- Evaluate patient's response to care and initiate independent and/or collaborative changes where appropriate
- Perform other patient interventions described by the patient's individualized treatment plan.
- Provide individualized education for the patient, family, and or caregiver throughout the continuum of care.
- Prepare equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Records all care information accurately and completely and in accordance with guidelines established for Registered Nurses
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
FACILITY DETAILSThis center is part of the largest network of health care in central Alabama and is dedicated to providing advanced, compassionate support and treatment for every patient in need. It is a 607-bed teaching hospital and is fully accredited by the Joint Commission. This medical center has won numerous awards such as the American Nursing Credentialing Center Pathway to Excellence, a Leapfrog Safety Score of “A”, and Blue Cross Blue Shield’s Blue Distinction Plus for Cardiac Care, Total Joints, Spine and Maternity Care.
Birmingham, AL offers a wealth of entertainment and cultural possibilities, from Arts & Museums, multiple theater experiences to world class recreational facilities. Visit the Vulcan Statue, the world’s largest cast iron statue, or the Alabama Sports Hall of Fame, devoted to Alabama’s athletes. Oak Mountain, Red Mountain, and Railroad Park are the best places to experience the great outdoors. Ruffner Mountain Nature Center is one of the largest urban nature reserves in the United States. Birmingham is currently experiencing a renaissance from craft brews, to James Beard award-winning chefs, there is more to offer now than ever!
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a RN, at GIFTED? We do!
Keywords: Gifted Healthcare, Birmingham , Registered Nurse - Stepdown Job in Birmingham, AL, Healthcare , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!