Registered Nurse (RN) Med Surg - FT Night - Birmingham
Posted on: March 19, 2019
We Are Hiring
St. Vincent's Health System, part of Ascension, is made up of St. Vincent's Birmingham, St. Vincent's Blount, St. Vincent's East, St. Vincent's St. Clair, St. Vincent's One Nineteen Health and Wellness, and the St. Vincent's Ambulatory Healthcare Network, which includes a wide range of services, from family care to home health. Together, we provide a special brand of personalized, compassionate care that balances high touch with high tech, meeting the needs of people in more than 40 communities.
St. Vincent's Birmingham Hospital:
St. Vincent's Birmingham is located downtown and it has over 400 beds and provides space for many physician offices. We are currently in a large renovation project to create more patient rooms and waiting areas. St. Vincent's provides care for many patients within the downtown area and surrounding communities. Known for our Birth Suites and Ortho Sports service line, St. Vincent's has a strong reputation in the Birmingham as the hospital of choice for many services and the hospital is easy to get to from any location.
St. Vincent's Birmingham (Downtown)
- Largest faith-based, not for profit hospital in Birmingham.
- Currently renovating hospital rooms and waiting areas.
- Expansion of our parking decks to accommodate patients and employees.
- Free parking for our associates.
- Several satellite parking lots available with free shuttle service to the hospital.
- Friendly family environment.
- "Where Babies are Born!"
- World renowned Andrews Sports Medicine Orthopedic Center.
- Downtown location appeals to those that love city life, just minutes from great restaurants, entertainment, historical sites and affordable housing.
- Skilled staff that care about the patients and each other. Your Medical Surgical Nursing career growth begins when you join an interdisciplinary team, where doctors, nurses, therapists and other experts work together to form individualized care plans for our patients and residents! Nurses are at the heart of the care we provide. We work together to achieve a highly collaborative nursing environment that leads to more positive outcomes for you and your patients. We are committed to working together to create change. We'd like to invite you to grow your Med-Surg Nursing career with us!
As our Medical Surgical Nurse, you are the frontline provider who may have more facetime with our patients than any other professional in the hospital while also planning care, listening to patients' concerns, and answering loved ones' questions. This is a great role for someone who likes to stay busy, and learn from leadership who likes to mentor their team.
As a Med Surg Nurse, you will:
--- Implement and monitor patient care plans. Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate.
--- Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
--- Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
--- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Associate Professional Registered Nurse credentialed from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Education:
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Birmingham , Registered Nurse (RN) Med Surg - FT Night - Birmingham, Healthcare , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!