Posted on: June 14, 2019
We Are Hiring
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) - MICU
Location: St Vincent's East, Birmingham, AL
Department: Medical Intensive Care Unit
Additional Job Details: Full-Time Day, 7a-7p, 3-12 hour shifts per
week, every third weekend, holiday requirements.
What You Will Do
As our Registered Nurse-MICU, you will work with acutely ill
patients and help comfort their families during a stressful time.
Our 12-bed unit has a diverse patient population with an average
patient to nurse ration of 2:1.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records
and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job
- Licensed Associate Professional Registered Nurse credentialed
from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or
job transfer date. Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart
Association (AHA). Education:
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
St. Vincent's Health System, part of Ascension, is made up of St.
Vincent's Birmingham, St. Vincent's Blount, St. Vincent's East, St.
Vincent's St. Clair, St. Vincent's One Nineteen Health and
Wellness, and the St. Vincent's Ambulatory Healthcare Network,
which includes a wide range of services, from family care to home
health. Together, we provide a special brand of personalized,
compassionate care that balances high touch with high tech, meeting
the needs of people in more than 40 communities.
St. Vincent's East Hospital Campus - Trussville, AL
St. Vincent's East is licensed for 362 beds and is located just 20
minutes from downtown. It sits between Irondale and Trussville, AL.
It is a general medical and surgical facility that offers a variety
of programs and services to fit individual, corporate, and
community needs. It is the second largest Ascension hospital in the
Birmingham area. It is situated on a hill overlooking the beautiful
community of Trussville, AL. This hospital has a suburb feel which
appeals to those outlying communities that prefer not to have to
St. Vincent's East provides all the service lines that our downtown
hospital provides except for Birth Suites and NICU which is
exclusive to our downtown location. It is the home for our only
Behavioral Health service line and offers a level III Emergency
- Great location with a suburb feel for patients not wanting to
- Part of the largest faith based, not for profit hospitals in
- Behavioral Health Facility on the East campus.
- Free and easy parking for hospital and physical
- Offers all the major service lines except Birth
- Easy access from many rural communities.
- Hospital has a longstanding presence in the community.
- Excellent staff that provides care for those in their
community. Why Join Ascension?
Ascension ( ) is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to
transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As
one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the
U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate,
personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living
in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2018, Ascension provided
nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other
community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately
156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers . The national
health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care - including
151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 21
states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of
services including physician practice management, venture capital
investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, f
acilities management, clinical care management, information
services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension's own
group purchasing organization.
Service of the Poor - Generosity of spirit, especially for persons
most in need
- Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and
diversity of life
- Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership
- Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship
- Creativity - Courageous innovation
- Dedication - Affirming the hope and joy of our ministry Our
Vision: To be the recognized healthcare Employer of choice.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its
ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and
regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to
all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its
ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,
disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national
origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment
Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Birmingham , RN-MICU, Healthcare , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!