RN-MICU- Weekend Option
Posted on: August 17, 2019
We Are Hiring Title: Registered Nurse (RN) MICU Location: St
Vincent's Birmingham, Birmingham, AL Department: Intensive Care
Unit Additional Job Details: Full Time, Weekend Option, Every
Saturday/Sunday 7p-7a, holiday requirements. What You Will Do: As
our RN- MICU, you will work with acutely ill patients and help
comfort their families during a stressful time. As an Associate
with St. Vincent's Health System-AL, you will have the opportunity
to provide direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records
and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team. What You Will Need
Licenses/Certifications/Registration: Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job
- Licensed Associate Professional Registered Nurse credentialed
from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or
job transfer date. Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart
Association (AHA). Education:
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
St. Vincent's Birmingham Hospital: St. Vincent's Birmingham is
located downtown and it has over 400 beds and provides space for
many physician offices. We are currently in a large renovation
project to create more patient rooms and waiting areas. St.
Vincent's provides care for many patients within the downtown area
and surrounding communities. Known for our Birth Suites and Ortho
Sports service line, St. Vincent's has a strong reputation in the
Birmingham as the hospital of choice for many services and the
hospital is easy to get to from any location. St. Vincent's
- Largest faith-based, not for profit hospital in
- Currently renovating hospital rooms and waiting areas.
- Expansion of our parking decks to accommodate patients and
- Free parking for our associates.
- Several satellite parking lots available with free shuttle
service to the hospital.
- Friendly family environment.
- Where Babies come from!
- World renowned Andrews Sports Medicine Orthopedic Center.
- Downtown location appeals to those that love city life, just
minutes from great restaurants, entertainment, historical sites and
- Skilled staff that care about the patients and each other. Why
Join Ascension? Ascension ( ) is a faith-based healthcare
organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across
the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and
Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to
delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special
attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable.
In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons
living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension
includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned
providers . The national health system operates more than 2,600
sites of care - including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior
living facilities - in 21 states and the District of Columbia,
while providing a variety of services including physician practice
management, venture capital investing, investment management,
biomedical engineering, f acilities management, clinical care
management, information services, risk management, and contracting
through Ascension's own group purchasing organization. Our
Values:Service of the Poor - Generosity of spirit, especially for
persons most in need
- Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and
diversity of life
- Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership
- Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship
- Creativity - Courageous innovation
- Dedication - Affirming the hope and joy of our ministry Our
Vision: To be the recognized healthcare Employer of choice. Equal
Employment Opportunity As an equal opportunity employer, St.
Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable
employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal
employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions
at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit,
qualifications and abilities. Employment decisions are made without
regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic
protected by law. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of
employment only to individuals who have applied for a position
using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent
offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking
information from applicants. E-Verify Statement St. Vincent's
participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.
Please click the E-verify link below for more information. E-Verify
(link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Birmingham , RN-MICU- Weekend Option, Healthcare , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!