Registered Nurse (RN) OBED- FT Night
Posted on: August 17, 2019
We Are Hiring Title: Registered Nurse (RN) OB Emergency
Location: St Vincent's Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
Additional Job Details: Full Time, NIght, 7p-7a, 3- 12 hour shifts,
every weekend, holiday requirements.
What You Will Do
As our OB Emergency Department RN, you will help care for pregnant
women experiencing premature labor or other distressing symptoms.
As an Associate with St. Vincent's Health System-AL, you will have
the opportunity to provide direct nursing care in accordance with
established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records
and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team. What You Will Need
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 1 month (30 days) of hire date or job
- Licensed Associate Professional Registered Nurse credentialed
from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or
job transfer date.
- 1 year of OB experience required. Education:
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- 3 years of L&D experience preferred St. Vincent's Health
System, part of Ascension, is made up of St. Vincent's Birmingham,
St. Vincent's Blount, St. Vincent's East, St. Vincent's St. Clair,
St. Vincent's One Nineteen Health and Wellness, and the St.
Vincent's Ambulatory Healthcare Network, which includes a wide
range of services, from family care to home health. Together, we
provide a special brand of personalized, compassionate care that
balances high touch with high tech, meeting the needs of people in
more than 40 communities.
St. Vincent's Birmingham Hospital:
St. Vincent's Birmingham is located downtown and it has over 400
beds and provides space for many physician offices. We are
currently in a large renovation project to create more patient
rooms and waiting areas. St. Vincent's provides care for many
patients within the downtown area and surrounding communities.
Known for our Birth Suites and Ortho Sports service line, St.
Vincent's has a strong reputation in the Birmingham as the hospital
of choice for many services and the hospital is easy to get to from
We make welcoming your baby into the world a truly special
experience. Known as where babies come from, St. Vincent's
Birmingham has a longstanding tradition of outstanding maternity
services. Today, we're once again transforming maternity care by
empowering moms to make decisions about their birth experience
through Monogram Maternity. St. Vincent's Birmingham Monogram
Maternity offers expectant moms a birth experience as customized as
your own monogram.
St. Vincent's Birmingham (Downtown)-
- Largest faith-based, not for profit hospital in
- Currently renovating hospital rooms and waiting areas.
- Expansion of our parking decks to accommodate patients and
- Free parking for our associates.
- Several satellite parking lots available with free shuttle
service to the hospital.
- Friendly family environment.
- Where Babies come from!
- World renowned Andrews Sports Medicine Orthopedic Center.
- Downtown location appeals to those that love city life, just
minutes from great restaurants, entertainment, historical sites and
- Skilled staff that care about the patients and each other. Why
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to
transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As
one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the
U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate,
personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living
in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2018, Ascension provided
nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other
community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately
156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national
health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care - including
151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 21
states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of
services including physician practice management, venture capital
investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, f
acilities management, clinical care management, information
services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension's own
group purchasing organization.
Service of the Poor - Generosity of spirit, especially for persons
most in need
- Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and
diversity of life
- Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership
- Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship
- Creativity - Courageous innovation
- Dedication - Affirming the hope and joy of our ministry Our
Vision: To be the recognized healthcare Employer of choice.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its
ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and
regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to
all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its
ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,
disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national
origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment
Keywords: Ascension, Birmingham , Registered Nurse (RN) OBED- FT Night, Healthcare , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!