Physical Therapist - FT Day
Company: Ascension (System Office)
Posted on: November 11, 2019
We Are Hiring
St. Vincent's Birmingham has an opportunity for a Full Time,
Location: St Vincent's Birmingham, AL, Outpatient Rehab
Additional Job Details: Full-Time Day Shift, 8am-4:30pm
* FT Benefit package to include 8 paid holidays and PTO accrual
* Company paid Short Term, Long Term, Basic Life and Accidental
Death are just a few of the perks
* Preferred inpatient experience - Rotating weekends and
What you will do:
As a Physical Therapist with St. Vincent's Health System-AL, you
will have the opportunity to evaluate and conduct medically
prescribed physical therapy treatment programs.
* Performs initial and on-going assessments of patient's
* Establishes, revises and evaluates a plan of care which is
appropriate to problems identified and involves the
* Performs therapy interventions utilizing standard physical
therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the condition of
* Oversees activities of physical therapy assistants, students and
other support personnel.
* Required Credential(s):
* BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job
* Licensed Rehab Therapist specializing in Physical Therapy (RPT)
credentialed from the Alabama Board of Physical Therapy obtained
within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
* Bachelor's degree required
* Master's degree preferred
* Acute Care experience desired
St. Vincent's Birmingham Hospital:
St. Vincent's Birmingham is located downtown and it has over 400
beds and provides space for many physician offices. We are
currently in a large renovation project to create more patient
rooms and waiting areas. St. Vincent's provides care for many
patients within the downtown area and surrounding communities.
Known for our Birth Suites and Ortho Sports service line, St.
Vincent's has a strong reputation in the Birmingham as the hospital
of choice for many services and the hospital is easy to get to from
St. Vincent's Birmingham (Downtown)-
* Largest faith-based, not for profit hospital in Birmingham.
* Currently renovating hospital rooms and waiting areas.
* Expansion of our parking decks to accommodate patients and
* Free parking for our associates.
* Several satellite parking lots available with free shuttle
service to the hospital.
* Friendly family environment.
* "Where Babies come from!"
* World renowned Andrews Sports Medicine Orthopedic Center.
* Downtown location appeals to those that love city life, just
minutes from great restaurants, entertainment, historical sites and
* Skilled staff that care about the patients and each other.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension (www.ascension.org) is a faith-based healthcare
organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across
the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and
Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to
delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special
attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable.
In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons
living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension
includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned
providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600
sites of care - including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior
living facilities - in 21 states and the District of Columbia,
while providing a variety of services including physician practice
management, venture capital investing, investment management,
biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care
management, information services, risk management, and contracting
through Ascension's own group purchasing organization.
Service of the Poor - Generosity of spirit, especially for persons
most in need
* Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity
* Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership
* Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship
* Creativity - Courageous innovation
* Dedication - Affirming the hope and joy of our ministry
Our Vision: To be the recognized healthcare Employer of choice.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its
ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and
regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to
all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its
ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,
disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national
origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment
Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Why Join Ascension?
In Alabama, St. Vincent's Health System operates five hospitals
(St. Vincent's Birmingham, St. Vincent's Blount, St. Vincent's
Chilton, St. Vincent's East, and St. Vincent's St. Clair) in
addition to several other healthcare facilities. St. Vincent's
Health System employs more than 4,800 associates and has been
serving Birmingham for more than 118 years.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to
transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As
one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the
U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate,
personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In
FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons
living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Keywords: Ascension (System Office), Birmingham , Physical Therapist - FT Day, Healthcare , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!