Food Services Director
Company: JEA Senior Living
Posted on: April 8, 2021
--As a JEA Senior Living--community and certified-- Great Place
to Work-- , we are an established and dedicated senior living care
provider, where every team member takes great pride and
responsibility in creating Meaningful Moments -- for our residents.
We strive to make each resident interaction positive, meaningful,
and unique to them. Through an in-depth understanding of our
resident's life stories, we are able to Honor their Experience of
Aging and create an environment that feels just like home.
If you are interested in building your health care career,
providing holistic care for our residents and their families, and
would like to see what our community has to offer, apply online and
join our amazing team.--
Certified by our employees as a Great Place to Work -- --for our
2nd Year in a row!
- 93% of our associates shared "My work has special meaning; this
is not "just a job."
- 95% of our associates shared "People celebrate around
- 94% of our associates shared "I'm proud to tell others I work
- 91% of our associates shared "People care about each other
here" Apply via our Indeed ad or Visit our Careers Page to see
other available opportunities. Questions about the application
process? Come visit us and our staff will be happy to assist
- Generous PTO Policy
- An employee engaged Scheduling system
- Employee Appreciation events; Attendance Programs, New employee
- 401K Retirement Plan Purpose: Actively prepare meals and manage
the operation of the Food Service Department, to include staffing,
food ordering and accountability, preparation, menu planning, food
delivery and sanitation in accordance with appropriate health
department regulations. Assist in maintaining a positive physical
and social environment for the residents. Minimum Eligibility
- Must be formally trained in food service management or the
culinary arts, or have equivalent experience in food service
management or the culinary arts.
- Must be able to relate positively to residents and families,
and to work cooperatively with other employees and vendors.
- Must be capable of maintaining full time attendance.
- Must meet all health requirements.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities (Essential
Job Functions) with or without reasonable accommodation.
- At least one-year supervisory experience preferred. Essential
- Schedule staff, supervise and train dietary staff in day to day
kitchen operations. Make job assignments and set priorities. Orient
new staff and participate in recruitment and selection. Communicate
policies and procedures. Evaluate performance, coaching as
necessary. Ensure equipment is maintained and work areas are clean,
safe and orderly. Strictly adhere to procedures regarding infection
control, food-borne illness prevention, harmful chemical handling,
fire, safety and sanitation, promptly addressing any transgression.
Maintain food cost within budgetary constraints. Maintain strict
inventory control for emergency needs.
- Plan Facility and individual resident menus in coordination
with care staff if necessary. Plan special events as needed.
- Ensures that meals are prepared according to menu and recipes
followed. Ensure food is prepared in a nutritional, appetizing
fashion, and presented in an attractive manner. See that
appropriate snacks are available to residents with special dietary
needs. Ensure all utensils, dishes and equipment and work areas are
cleaned properly and in a timely manner. Supervise and inspect food
- Attend all required in-service training. Conduct periodic
training for kitchen personnel as necessary to maintain high
quality and variety in menus, and job satisfaction for
- Ensure compliance and understanding of all regulations
regarding resident's rights.
Keywords: JEA Senior Living, Birmingham , Food Services Director, Hospitality & Tourism , Lincoln, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!