Pizza Cook/Line Cook
Company: Elyton Hotel, an Autograph Collection
Posted on: November 24, 2022
*"Always deliver what is promised, and always execute what is
committed" is what we adhere to! Come join our team where we are
committed to providing rewarding opportunities for our associates,
the development of exceptional hotels, and delivering the ultimate
guest experience. We are currently seeking team members who enjoy
engaging with the public while providing a positive guest
experience. Our mission is: "To be the first choice of both our
guests and team members."*
*We are currently recruiting for a Cook to join our team!*
*The Cook is responsible for preparing appetizing foods for our
Guests while meeting standards of the Hotel, Restaurants and
*ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: *
* Provide fast, friendly professional and responsive customer
service to hotel and restaurant guest and staff
* Prepare food in accordance with productivity, health and safety
standards, cost controls and forecast
* Ensure recipes are properly prepared per standard while
maintaining portion control and minimizing waste
* Oversee and enforce food specifications, portion control, recipes
* Adhere to all applicable brand standards regarding Food and
* Enforce safety procedures and cleanliness standards throughout
* Maintain cleanliness and maintenance of kitchen and equipment
* Set up and organize catering functions according to plan
* Interact with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and
* Maintain knowledge of all menu items and composition
* Maintain cleanliness of kitchen
* Assist with the set-up of the kitchen line.
* Assist with restocking of supplies as needed
* Communicate effectively with Management and other Team
* Perform other duties and special projects assigned
---*SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: *
* Must be able to understand, read, write and speak English to
effectively communicate with Team Members and Guests and to work
with required recipes and menus etc.
* Must adhere to all health and safety standards.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee
occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and must be able to
effectively utilize kitchen equipment and utensils that require
focus and skill.
* Must maintain a neat and professional appearance upholding
Company appearance standards at all times.
* Must be able to apply commonsense understanding in carrying out
* Must be able to comply in standardized situations with little
* Must be available to work a flexible schedule including days,
nights, weekends and holidays
* Must be able to work without constant supervision.
*PHYSICAL DEMANDS: *
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be
required to stand on hard surfaces and be exposed to warm
temperatures for long periods of time; use arms, hands and legs
repetitively; handle, or feel various food products, utilize
kitchen equipment and utensils; reach with hands and arms; and
stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
* The employee routinely is exposed to cold temperatures in
freezers and walk-in refrigerators and hot temperatures from open
flames on stoves and oven; is required to walk, balance, talk,
hear, taste and smell.
* Must regularly be able to carry and lift items in excess of 25
pounds without assistance.
* Must be capable of effectively using close vision, distance
vision, close and distant hearing, color vision and sense of smell
*QUALIFICATION STANDARDS: *
* High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
* One year or more culinary experience in a hotel or restaurant
* Must have excellent customer service skills
* Must obtain food Handler's Certificate within 30 days of
* Must obtain ServSafe certification within 30 days
* Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a
strong focus on customer satisfaction.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $16.00 - $18.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Disability insurance
* Employee discount
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Paid sick time
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* Evening shift
* Night shift
Weekly day range:
* Weekend availability
* Restaurant experience: 1 year (Preferred)
* Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Elyton Hotel, an Autograph Collection, Birmingham , Pizza Cook/Line Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!