Customer Service Representative
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Job Family:Patient Account RepresentativeTravel
Required:NoneClearance Required:NoneWhat You Will Do:
- Such duties may include, but are not limited to, the following
responsibilities: - Answer inbound customer service calls and make
some outbound follow up calls in a professional, patient experience
and customer service-oriented manner.
- Answer the calls timely without drops/abandons.
- Ascertain the reason for the call and assist the caller with
their questions, concerns or problems with the focus on first call
- Facilitate resolution by referring the matter to the
- Escalate the matter to a supervisor, request the appropriate
information or take appropriate action so that the issue expert can
effectively resolve the matter.
- Resubmit Corrected Claims and supporting documentation as need
for the patient experience.
- Communicate with other organizational departments to ensure
proper handling of patient accounts.
- Communicates issues to management timely and performs other
duties as assigned by direct supervisors.
- Perform a variety of duties often changing from one task to
another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or
- Facilitate conversations with others and establish an
understanding of the customer's issue/reason for contact.
- Perform essential job functions with high degree of
independence, flexibility, and creative problem-solving
- Maintain control of the call by de-escalating issues and
instilling confidence that the resolution has been found.
- Function effectively under stress of conflicting demands on
time and attention and, sometimes, under duress from difficult
- Interpret and apply reimbursement aspects of managed healthcare
contracts.What You Will Need:
- High school diploma or GED
- Exceptional phone and customer service skills
- Advanced computer skills, knowledge of medical terminology, PC
applications, and math/bookkeeping skillsWhat Would Be Nice To
- 1 - 3 years related or general knowledge of payor-specific or
medical specialty billing
- Dialer experience preferred Due to our contractual
requirements, to be eligible for this role
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- You must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated at time of hire. - SHIFTS
are 8-5. 9-6, 10-7 and 11-8. Must be able to work these hours.What
We Offer:Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package
that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits
package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and
supportive workplace.Benefits include:
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive
- Parental Leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare ProgramAbout GuidehouseGuidehouse
is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status,
religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition,
marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or
expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected
by law, ordinance, or regulation.Guidehouse will consider for
employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner
consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance
including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San
Francisco.If you have visited our website for information about
employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you
require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at
1- or via email at . All information you provide will be kept
confidential and will be used only to the extent required to
provide needed reasonable accommodation. Guidehouse does not accept
unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing
agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property
of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a
Keywords: Guidehouse, Birmingham , Customer Service Representative, Hospitality & Tourism , Adger, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...