Retail Banker - Hoover
Company: Woodforest National Bank
Posted on: April 19, 2019
- Processes a variety of customer transactions accurately and
efficiently in adherence to bank policies and regulations such as
cashing checks, processing deposits and withdrawals, loan payments,
cash advances, transfers, and issuing monetary instruments.
- Performs opening, closing, and other branch servicing duties
such as cash and vault balancing; ordering cash, cards, checks and
other supplies; completing logs, reports, audits and control
checks; maintaining and servicing automated teller machines; and
cleaning work areas.Opens and performs account maintenance on
certificate of deposit, consumer and business accounts; assists
with courtesy and collection calls as needed; offers assistance to
less knowledgeable branch staff when necessary.
- Addresses customer questions and concerns by phone and in
person; files disputes or refers to appropriate internal resources
for resolution as appropriate.Proactively seeks ways to develop and
expand customer relationships through marketing displays, call
programs, and other prospecting techniques.Achieves personal sales
and referral goals by identifying, marketing, and cross-selling
banking products and services beneficial to customer needs.
- Enhances customer satisfaction and the professional reputation
of the Bank by warmly greeting, engaging, and developing good
professional relationships with customers and host retail
partners.Practices branch security procedures and protects customer
confidentiality and privacy.
- Performs other job related duties or special projects as
- Proficiency with 10 key touch, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word,
Outlook, SharePoint), and knowledge of, or the ability to quickly
learn, banking software applications (Mozart, TellerPlus,
- Ability to work flexible or extended working hours to meet
business needs; demonstrated good attendance and punctuality.
- Customer service orientation with effective problem solving
abilities and the ability to maintain composure and convey a
positive attitude while interacting with customers and internal
- Outstanding listening and communications skills, both written
and verbal.Knowledge of or ability to quickly learn banking and
lending products, services, policies, procedures, regulatory
guidelines, and effective marketing and sales practices.Ability to
maintain confidentiality, follow directions and apply proper
policies, procedures and guidelines.Self motivated, goal oriented,
team player with strong interpersonal skills and sales
aptitude.Excellent organizational skills with the ability to
prioritize workload and multi-task in a fast pace environment while
maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.Basic math proficiency
with the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in order to
help customers with their transactions and balance teller drawer
.Read at a level sufficient to understand memoranda, instructions,
forms, applications, financial statements and credit
- 3 5 years customer service or sales experience
- Previous banking experience is preferred but not required
- Cash handling experience preferred.Formal Education &
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.Supervisory
- 0% - Negligible amount of travel expected.
Keywords: Woodforest National Bank, Birmingham , Retail Banker - Hoover, Hospitality & Tourism , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!