Company: Au Bon Pain
Posted on: April 19, 2019
Reports To: General Manager/Manager/Shift Supervisor
Department: Cafe Operations
FLSA Status: Non-exempt Hourly
The Cashier/Stock position at Au Bon Pain is the first and last
impression for our guests. Located towards the front of every cafe,
the cashier is the person responsible for speaking with every guest
on both their way in and out of the cafe, directing traffic, and
collecting payment for all purchases. The cashier is also
responsible for helping to keep the cafe stocked with all
The Cashier Position will be responsible for the providing
excellent customer service for our guests while ensuring a CLEAN,
FAST and FRIENDLY cafe environment. A Cashier is trained to assist
with any guest's expectations. If you enjoy making people smile
while working with a great team and being part of a Company that is
great place to work, we want you as a Cashier!
Nights, weekends, and holidays are required for this position. All
potential candidates are required to submit to criminal background
screening and drug testing prior to an offer of employment being
Cashier Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for completing ABP transactions by scanning items,
inputting product codes, taking in cash and providing change or
processing card transactions.
- Responsible for cash drawer security, cash balance and adhering
to all other aspects in ABP's cash handling policy.
- Provide ""guest-first"" service by listening, responding and
resolving all guests' requests quickly through strong knowledge of
all cafe products.
- Stock bakery, ref-con products, and impulse items.
- Be professional in all interactions with guests and team
- Work together as a team to achieve efficient operations.
- Keep work area clean, organized and stocked.
- Resolve any problems and keep management informed about issues
and problems as they arise.
- Clean and maintain dining room as needed.
- Assist with bringing out coffee as needed.
- Other related responsibilities as assigned.
Cashier Job Requirements:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Strong attention to detail and time management
- Passion for quality, safety and sanitation
- Excellent communication and listening skills, can read, write,
and speak English
- Friendly attitude and team player who will contribute to the
culture and standards of Au Bon Pain
- Decision maker with ability to work independently
- Urgent, proactive demeanor
- Ability to maintain a standing position for extended periods of
time (up to 6 hours at a time).
- Ability to move around the cafe to attend to the needs of
- Ability to move, lift and handle equipment, supplies and other
objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to position self to move items weighing up to 25 pounds
from floor to shelves and cabinets above and below counter
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
ABP is an equal opportunity employer. We afford equal opportunity
to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, marital status, national origin, disability, military
status or veteran of the Vietnam era, sexual orientation, sex, age,
or any category protected by law. We value diversity among our team
members and the unique perspective this brings to our Company.
Copyright Au Bon Pain © 2017
- Pay Type Hourly
- UAB Hospital, Birmingham, Alabama, United States of
Keywords: Au Bon Pain, Birmingham , Cashier, Hospitality & Tourism , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!