Company: Encompass Health
Posted on: September 24, 2022
As the leader of rehabilitative care, Encompass Health offers both
facility-based and home-based patient care through its national
network of rehabilitation hospitals, home health agencies, and
hospice agencies that spans 42 states and Puerto Rico. Setting the
standard for providing excellent care, Encompass Health has earned
its place among Modern Healthcare's "Best Places to Work in
Healthcare" and the Fortune "World's Most Admired Companies" for
The Payroll Specialist performs and creates accurate and timely
payment to employees in compliance with regulations and in
accordance with company policies and procedures. This is
accomplished by reconciling facility and employee level
compensation, tax, and benefit information. This position is the
primary business partner for assigned facilities' Payroll and Human
Resource management, and assists in troubleshooting questions
regarding all aspects of payroll items.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Demonstrates commitment to hospitals regarding payroll payment,
taxes, deductions and benefits.
- Accesses current policies and procedures and incorporates into
- Initiates supervisor review on questionable items including
employee pay, taxation, and benefits.
- Works closely with teammates to recognize and report payroll
issues to the supervisor.
- Works with hospital personnel to deliver timely and accurate
information and payments.
- Processes intercompany mail and fax distribution within payroll
- Operates folding/sealing equipment, as needed, to complete
- Processes payrolls under the direct guidance of the
- Processes general deductions, employee tax setups,
garnishments, and time entry.
- Works with hospital payroll representatives on processing
- Processes off-cycle check requests.
- Provides phone coverage to all hospitals.
- Updates to PeopleSoft employee information.
- Keys and reconciles payroll.
- Counts checks and matches totals to weekly facility information
- Communicates with HR on new hires and checks system for new
- Coordinates workflow with supervisor in order to achieve
- Is responsible for all tax data set up changes.
- Assists hospitals with pay designation questions.
- Verifies payroll totals for hospital.
- Monitors and reviews overpayment and collection issues.
- Enters Direct Deposit Information for assigned employees at
- Processes and maintains files on all stop payment and direct
- Maintains reporting on payroll wires and direct deposit
- Covers any person's desk if they are unable to report to
- Answers employee and hospitals questions via phone and
- Processes corporate office payroll if assigned facility.
- Prints corporate payroll checks and reports if assigned
- Prints and distributes punch detail reports if assigned to
- Tracks compliance with timesheet requirements.
- Creates balance adjustments as needed.
- Enters benefit deduction refunds and coordinate mailing.
- Maintains Payroll UPS terminal and assists with tracking on
- Processes Relocation Payments.
- Sets up garnishments and answers garnishments that require
- Processes modifications to existing garnishments (including
- Creates, sends and maintains garnishment file to accounts
- Corresponds with employees and hospital contacts regarding all
- Resolves garnishment withholding errors.
- Adds new vendors to Garn Payee Table in PeopleSoft.
- Answers calls from Garnishment Hotline and emails from
Garnishment Issues mailbox.
- Holds payments for garnishments that require the employer to
hold payments until a specific time.
- Runs query to identify terminated employees with active
- Notifies Withholding Agencies of terminated employees.
- Contacts appropriate parties for garnishments that have met
- Determines if garnishments are paid in full.
- Contacts Accounts Payable and determine if garnishments
received for non-employees may be for contract workers.
- Contacts HR regarding employees with active garnishments that
have been on leave or without pay for more than 12 weeks.
- Prepares garnishment checks for mailing.
- Undergraduate or Associates preferred; some payroll experience
or related field
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start day one of
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet
the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
- Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education
- Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2227481
Keywords: Encompass Health, Birmingham , Payroll Specialist, Human Resources , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!