Field Service Technician
Company: Guardian Fueling Technologies LLC
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Summary/Objective The field service technician is responsible
for troubleshooting electro-mechanical problems, completing
installations, and performing unscheduled repairs and scheduled
maintenance on equipment, based upon customer demand and need; and
to provide complete customer satisfaction in a polite and
professional manner. Essential Job Functions:
- Effectively analyzes problem situations pertaining to
breakdowns of customer equipment and recommends to customer actions
necessary to correct situation.
- Exhibits a professional demeanor and promotes goodwill between
the company and customers by providing a superior level of customer
- Observes, analyzes, and determines corrective course of action
for service and repair of customer equipment.
- Performs necessary repairs to correct analyzed situations in a
professional and productive manner.
- Performs scheduled maintenance on equipment for contracted
customers according to Company policies and procedures.
- Follows safety rules and ensures that hazardous waste is
disposed of properly.
- Opens and closes work orders with Dispatch, provides service
repair narratives (written and verbal) for customer, and submits
paperwork for time worked and repairs completed in a neat, accurate
and timely manner.
- Accounts for 100% of paid time.
- Maintains part inventory and supplies in van.
- Maintains service van to ensure that it is clean, organized and
hazard free inside and out
- Ensures that regular maintenance is performed on service van
(i.e. oil changes, tire rotations, etc.) and that required repairs
- Performs factory authorized modifications per
- Responsible for maintaining personal tools required for
performing the job effectively and safely.
- Responsible for following customer's safety and housekeeping
guidelines when performing repairs at customer site.
- Performs related duties as assigned or as the situation
- Technical Capacity.
- Financial Management.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility. Supervisory Responsibility:
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities. Training
- General Safety.
- Lock-out Tag-out.
- Electrostatic Discharge Awareness.
- Foreign Object Damage Awareness.
- Quality System Awareness. Required Education and Experience:
- A minimum of a high school diploma/GED and/or one to three
years mechanical and electrical, experience in a similar
environment or equivalent in college or vocational education.
- Excellent people skills and verbal communication required.
- Knowledge of reading schematics and manuals.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Skilled in providing excellent customer relations by exchanging
information with courtesy and consideration.
- Ability to exhibit a professional demeanor, and develop
customer relations and superior service.
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) with
all levels of an organization internally and externally.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and understand
necessary service and training manuals.
- Ability to perform arithmetic calculations involving fractions,
decimals, and percentages.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and/or demonstrated
- Ability to maintain a good understanding of industry
innovations and product availability in order to make
recommendations based on customer needs.
- Ability to safely operate personal hand tools.
- Ability to draw upon available support resources from within
the company and recognize when it is appropriate to do such.
- Such other knowledge, skills, and abilities as are necessary in
connection with additionally assigned duties. Additional
Eligibility Qualifications: Experience or Certification(s) in one
or more of the following:
- Gilbarco Dispenser
- Gasboy Fleet
- Veeder Root
- Fuel Master Insurability requirement: Must possess a valid
driver's license and maintain a good driving record. Work
Authorization/Security Clearance: Security clearance may be
required for this position. Work Environment: While performing the
duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or
airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The
employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions
at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment
and job sites can be loud. The position regularly works near moving
mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement
weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position is
very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling,
stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee
must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally
lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust
focus. Personal Protective Equipment: Safety Glasses and hard hats
required while performing certain tasks. Position Type/Expected
Hours of Work: This is a full-time position, and hours of work and
days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and
weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Travel: Local
travel is expected for this position.
Keywords: Guardian Fueling Technologies LLC, Birmingham , Field Service Technician, IT / Software / Systems , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!