ADY CAM Programmer
Company: Alabama Dynamics Company
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Founded in 1974, Alabama Dynamics is a mid-to-large size
fabrication, machining, and paint shop located in Calera, Alabama.
We specialize in building custom equipment and parts for the steel,
oil, mining, minerals processing, pyro processing, and waterworks
industries. Our facility has a working area of 63,000 square feet
under craneway, with 10,500 additional square feet of indoor
storage. Maximum weight handled is 50 tons, and maximum size
handled is 15' wide by 60' length. We pride ourselves on delivering
quality products and service with every project we complete.
Responsibilities Position CAM programmer / tooling and fixture
designer, Alabama Dynamics Location Calera, AL Reports to General
Manager - Alabama Dynamics Description Seeking a CAM Programmer
that has the experience to implement CAM into a well-established
fabrication and Job Shop machining environment that is moving from
manual G-code programming to CAM. This position will be responsible
for building optimized machining programs for production runs of
captive large valves and drawings, design fixtures, and utilizing
knowledge of different tooling and tooling suppliers and CAM to
produce an accurate part better than the competition. Have you seen
it done and want to take all that you have learnt and create the
best system possible? Are you prepared to work through changing
"the way we have always done it", and work with a manufacturing
engineers to optimize tooling, our tooling room, creating setups
and setup sheets? Can you look at the big picture and work through
the development phases. Are you a team player who wants to take
everybody with you to make Alabama Dynamics the best it can be? Are
you going to be able to earn the respect of long-term very
experienced employees? Are you good at working in a high paced
changing environment? Then let's talk ! Scope of
- Lead the development of the CAM program in Alabama
- Develop programs for CNC mills and lathes, maximizing quality
- Write programs for 3, 4, and 5 axis machining centers including
- Provide good feedback and promote good communication.
- Retrieve CAD data from customers, supplied as files, and
translate these files to the proper format to read files into
offline programming software for designing, detailing and changes
as per shop requirements.
- Create user friendly programs for minimally skilled operators
and experienced CNC programmers, with focus on ease of use.
- Troubleshoot and edit programs at machines as required.
- Assist operators by answering questions pertaining to any
problems found in the CNC programs and/or part files supplied.
- Assist operators by answering questions pertaining to any
problems found in the inspection sheets regarding tolerances.
- Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with
requirements to determine if the process has been completed
- Provide tooling and fixturing recommendations as
- Develop and manage the tool data base, including a data base
for each machine with tool data for different materials being
- Manage all shop floor programs and revisions.
- Implementing probing on machines.
- Continually work to improve and optimize programs and
- Creates PO requisitions to order material, cutters, tooling,
etc. For new jobs.
- Create documentation necessary to manufacture parts including
- Stays current with the latest technology and software
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers,
supervisors, vendors and customers.
- Complete all required paperwork.
- Keep work area clean and always organized.
- Abide by and support all safety and quality system
- Assist in quoting cycle times when required.
- Prioritize continuous improvement to identify and implement
processes that will improve productivity, quality, profitability,
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Scope of role may change at the discretion of leadership.
- A keen eye for detail and results-driven approach
- Ability to manage multiple priorities within timelines in a
fast-paced environment. Work Environment:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle
or feel objects, tools or controls.
- The employee frequently is required to talk and hear and
occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop,
kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently
lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move
up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to
adjust focus. Qualifications
- A minimum of ten (10) years of CAD/CAM experience on large CNC
machine cutting equipment, including strong technical knowledge of
- A minimum of 5 years' experience with Solid works
- A minimum of 5 years' operating large CNC HBM, VTL's and
- Experience with Fanuc and Siemens controls
- Previous experience in a quality system role would be an asset,
including the ability to develop and disseminate information to
other staff on processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Be familiar with CNC manufacturing process planning.
- Be comfortable with different tooling and tooling
- Be comfortable with fixture design.
- Be familiar with G code and M code.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and ERP systems. Please
note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or
without notice. McWane is a Federal VEVRAA contractor and an Equal
Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment
opportunity in all employment practices. McWane will not
discriminate against any applicant for employment because of their
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual
orientation, disability, veteran or service member status, marital
status, citizenship status (In IL - sex, including same sex,
ancestry, order of protection status, physical or mental
disability, military status, pregnancy, unfavorable discharge
status, genetic information), (In IA - gender identity), (In CA -
gender identity or expression, and genetic information) or any
other category protected by federal, state or local law.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER The above job description is meant to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it
is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Employees will be required to follow any other job-related
instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by
their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge,
skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the
employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each
duty proficiently. McWane Plant & Industrial. is an EEO/AA employer
M/F/D/V. It is the Company's policy to provide equal opportunity
for all qualified persons and to prohibit discrimination on the
basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age,
disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity,
citizenship status, or any other legally protected status. We
maintain a drug-free workplace and reserve the right to perform
substance abuse testing as needed. PI173017679
Keywords: Alabama Dynamics Company, Birmingham , ADY CAM Programmer, IT / Software / Systems , Calera, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!