Project Controls Technical Specialist I
Company: Hargrove Engineers & Constructors
Posted on: August 6, 2022
OverviewEducation: High School Diploma or equivalent is
required. Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Construction
Science, Building Science or related field is highly
preferred.Certification: AACE International or Project Management
Institute (PMI) certification is preferred.Experience: This
position requires 10+ years of relevant industrial experience in
planning, scheduling, cost control and estimating.Generally
responsible for planning and scheduling heavy industrial
engineering projects, monitoring project costs and/or estimating
projects. Work will be performed under minimal supervision.Primary
responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Developing schedules and analysis for contract packages to
forecast construction activities and identify coordination issues
where safety and schedule can potentially be in conflict.
- Developing, monitoring and updating schedules by obtaining
updates through meetings, construction coordination interviews and
- Complete understanding of Earned Value and Project
- Monitoring and maintaining the change notice/change order
management system. Assisting in facilitating weekly change notice
hearings and change committee meetings.
- Developing estimates for construction projects including but
not limited to estimates associated with change notices.
- Developing and maintaining the cost system including
reconciling commitments, change orders, contractor invoices and
producing cost reports.
- Developing, monitoring, and updating schedules. Establishing a
progressive system for projects.
- Assisting clients and teammates in developing construction and
contract strategies for constructability of projects as it pertains
to logistics and safety.
- Assisting in quantity analysis for the duration of activities
and for estimating purposes.Qualifications:
- Knowledge and application of company business standards and
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Possesses a comprehensive understanding of the function of all
- Understanding of existing and potential customer deliverable
expectations and preferences.
- Ability to set priorities.
- Ability to effectively discuss and correspond with engineering
disciplines and/or contractors to ascertain and understand
pertinent information concerning schedules, scopes of work,
estimates and/or project costs.
- Coaching and mentoring skills and experience.
- Excellent listening and communication skills, both verbal and
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge of other disciplines deliverable development to
ensure coordination of efforts.
- Knowledge and understanding of schedule constraints and
information requirements for the production of all project controls
- Ability to develop a construction cost estimate, a detailed
engineering schedule and a man-hour budget for a small project or
an area for a larger project.
- Ability to determine construction material quantities.
- Experienced in estimating and scheduling professional service
hours and assessing the progress and quality of project controls
work. Ability to accurately estimate completion of assigned
- Proficient in the use of Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project
scheduling software and Timberline Estimating software.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
Keywords: Hargrove Engineers & Constructors, Birmingham , Project Controls Technical Specialist I, IT / Software / Systems , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!