Exam Content Developer
Company: (ISC)2 (International Information Systems Security
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Exam Content Developer
# of Openings
(ISC) is an international nonprofit membership association focused
on inspiring a safe and secure cyber world. Best known for the
acclaimed Certified Information Systems Security Professional
(CISSP) certification, (ISC) offers a portfolio of credentials that
are part of a holistic, pragmatic approach to security. Our
association of candidates, associates, and members, nearly 280,000
strong, is made up of certified cyber, information, software, and
infrastructure security professionals who are making a difference
and helping to advance the industry. Our vision is supported by our
commitment to educate and reach the general public through our
charitable foundation - The Center for Cyber Safety and Education.
For more information on (ISC), visit www.isc2.org, follow us on
Twitter, or connect with us on Facebook and LinkedIn. We are
committed to an inclusive and equitable environment that values the
unique perspectives and experiences of our entire workforce. We
strive for a true sense of belonging for all our employees and to
foster authenticity, trust, empowerment and connectedness that
leads to everyone's success. For more information, visit
The Exam Content Developer is primarily responsible for supporting
all aspects of the examination development process from exam
blueprint creation, through item writing and form development
activities, to exam delivery, analysis and item review. The
successful candidate will facilitate the creation of examinations
of the highest quality through Subject Matter Expert preparation,
workshop participation, form review, process documentation and
procedural compliance. They will provide quality control for all
exam items and forms. The Exam Content Developer must not only
serve as a cybersecurity content expert with a broad understanding
of relevant professional topics but also demonstrate a mastery of
the principles of item construction as well. The candidate will be
required to lead groups of subject matter experts from all over the
world in the production of cohesive, relevant, and challenging
examination items of the highest quality. Candidates must have a
CISSP certification and at least 6 years of professional
information security experience.
- Develop and maintain (ISC)
credentialing examination content.
- Manage Reference Material Libraries used for exam development
purposes ensuring accuracy and up to date references.
- Conduct item bank administration and reporting.
- Review (ISC) examinations and examination items at various
stages of development prior to publication ensuring attention to
detail and accuracy.
- Review candidate comments related to exam delivery, investigate
issues, and take appropriate actions based on those
- Prepare for and manage remote, virtual, and in-person
examination development workshops.
- Provide for and maintain item bank and workshop security in
accordance with program guidelines.
- Consult with other (ISC) business units concerning credential
development and provide content, analytical, and scheduling
information to ensure seamless integration with all aspects of
- Work with (ISC) test development, forensic, and other vendors
to maximize the effectiveness and productivity of contractor
- Assist with examination development, administration and
security policies and procedures development and
- Collaborate with the other (ISC) business units to produce and
maintain candidate information bulletins and other public facing
documents related to (ISC) credentialing exams.
- Understand and adhere to ANSI requirements as they relate to
(ISC) qualifications and respect the boundaries between test
development and education functions.
- Develop and maintain volunteer informational and instructional
materials for item development purposes.
- Assist with examination adaptation activities and
- Support examination forensic and test invalidation
- Demonstrates commitment to valuing diversity and contributing
to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university in Information
Technology, Information Security, or related field is
- CISSP is required for this position. Additional cybersecurity
certifications, particularly those offered by (ISC), are
- Minimum of 6 years of professional information security
experience is required.
- Proficiency in one or more additional languages is
- Ability to demonstrate and support the 5 Company Core Values:
Integrity, Excellence, Unity, Accountability, Agility.
- Ability to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports
and celebrates diversity; serve as a role model to promote DEIbest
- Must be detail oriented and meticulous, taking painstaking
efforts to ensure accuracy of work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively
communicate with a highly diverse and international client
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
Public speaking and presentation experience are highly
- Ability to work under pressure of deadlines in a fast -paced
- Flexibility to adapt quickly and easily to changing situation
and priorities in a calm and professional manner.
- Must have ability to concentrate and have attention to detail
to ensure accuracy.
- Must have problem-solving and critical thinking abilities.
- The ability to inspire trust and confidence with peers, clients
- Constituent retention, volunteer management and motivational
skills to support the maintenance and development of certification
- Ability to multi-task and distribute efforts appropriately
among tasks, manage competing deadlines, handle frequent
interruptions and maintain a high level of productivity. Physical &
- Willingness to travel up to 15% (some international travel may
- Work normal business hours and extended hours when necessary,
including weekends and holidays
- Remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting, for
- Regular use of office equipment such as a computer/laptop and
monitor computer screens
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard,
mouse, and other computer components#LI-remote
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic as protected by applicable law.Job candidates will
not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of
conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Keywords: (ISC)2 (International Information Systems Security, Birmingham , Exam Content Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!