Field Service Technician
Company: Carolina Handling
Posted on: March 18, 2023
To troubleshoot electro-mechanical problems, installations, and perform unscheduled repairs and scheduled maintenance on equipment based on customer demand and need. To provide complete customer satisfaction in a polite and professional manner while working in a Team environment.
*PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
1. Effectively analyzes problem situations pertaining to breakdowns of customer equipment and recommends action necessary to correct situation to customer.
2. Exhibits a professional demeanor, promotes goodwill between the company and customers by providing a superior level of customer service.
3. Observes, analyzes and determines corrective course of action for service and repair of customer equipment.
4. Performs necessary repairs to correct analyzed situations in a professional and productive manner.
5. Performs scheduled maintenance on equipment for contracted customers according to Carolina Handling Scheduled Maintenance policies and procedures and proactively addresses needed repairs with Customer.
6. Prepares necessary documentation relating to each service call in a neat and accurate manner.
7. Follows safety rules and ensures that hazardous waste is disposed of properly.
8. Performs proficiency assessment
9. Account for 100% of paid time.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
*OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
1. Maintains parts and supplies inventory in service van.
2. Maintains service van to ensure that it is clean, organized and hazard free inside and out.
3. Assure that regular maintenance is performed on service van (i.e. oil changes, tire rotations, etc.) and that required repairs are performed.
4. Performs factory-authorized modifications per specifications.
5. Responsible for providing personal tools required for performing the job effectively and safely.
6. Responsible for keeping work area clean and free of clutter and keeping tools clean and in good repair.
7. Responsible for following customer's safety and housekeeping guidelines when performing repairs at customer site.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
*KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES*
1. High school education, plus one to three years mechanical, electrical and hydraulic experience in a similar environment or equivalent in college or vocational education.
2. Ability to communicate effectively with customers, management and co-workers.
3. Ability to read and interpret schematics.
4. Ability to read and understand necessary service and training manuals.
5. Ability to understand and follow verbal and/or demonstrated instructions.
6. Ability to perform arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals and percentages.
7. Ability to maintain a good understanding of industry innovations and product availability in order to make recommendations based on customer need.
8. Ability to effectively utilize volt, ohm and multi-meters.
9. Demonstrate a good mechanical and electrical aptitude.
10. Ability to safely operate drills, grinders, presses, forklift, hoists, overhead cranes and personal hand tools.
11. Ability to draw upon available support resources from within the company and recognize when it is appropriate to do such.
12. Such other knowledge, skills and abilities as are necessary in connection with additionally assigned duties
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 1 year
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
* Mechanical knowledge: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road%1466797% %%install%%
Keywords: Carolina Handling, Birmingham , Field Service Technician, IT / Software / Systems , Birmingham, Alabama
here to apply!