Senior Endpoint Software Engineer (Windows) - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Senior Endpoint Software Engineer (Windows)
Why VMWare+Carbon Black?
At Carbon Black, you'll have the chance to make an impact in the ever-evolving cybersecurity space. Our advanced technology tackles even the toughest challenges and stays ahead of the latest threats.
If you want to join a growing company filled with people who are passionate about beating the world's nastiest adversaries, VMWare Carbon Black is the place for you. We value diversity as we believe bringing in different views creates a distinct product advantage. Join us!
Why You Matter
Our VMWare Carbon Black team is looking for Software Engineers with experience in Windows development, computer security, and development of enterprise-grade endpoint software systems. Ideal candidates have experience developing code against Windows platforms writing code in C/C++ for endpoints as well as a passion to create a world class security product. If you love computer security and digging into complex engineering challenges, then we want you on our team!
What You'll Bring
- BS degree or higher in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or similar
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer with an emphasis on Object-Oriented C++ development.
- Experience with user-space and some system-level development (preferably on Windows).
- Experience with writing kernel extensions or drivers, especially on Windows.
- Exposure in developing file systems minifilters for windows
- Experience in Kernel Debugging and Crash Analysis for Windows
- Exposure to other languages like Python or other scripting languages.
- Ability to contribute to all areas of the software development process, including software design, new-feature development, testing, debugging/problem diagnosis, and quality engineering.
- Flexibility to contribute to different components of the endpoint product, such as system services, instrumentation, installers and, occasionally, user-interface.
- A team-first attitude: we're a team where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts
- Passion for building high-quality products, experience with test-driven development, and a "test-first" mentality.
- Develop and support internal tools for our build, test, and CI/CD infrastructure
- Comfortable working with complex, mission-critical systems.
- Interest in computer-security and a desire to learn.
What You'll Do
- Leverage C++ programming experience to drive feature work on the Windows endpoint for the Carbon Black Security Cloud. Expert knowledge of this language is required.
- Plan, develop, and own multiple features through the complete software development lifecycle
- Contribute to product direction by leading design discussions and collaborating with team architects, product management, endpoint, backend, and front-end engineers to deliver the right solution
- Continuously improve customer experience, quality, performance, and stability of the existing products
- Contribute to code reviews and give constructive, high-quality feedback.
- Participate in Agile development processes and become a true team citizen.
Bonus points for:
- Experience writing Windows kernel drivers
- Experience with Agile, Docker, Git, Jenkins, Continuous Integration, TDD
- Experience with distributed enterprise level applications (client/server)
For US based candidates, the annual pay range (OTE for commissioned roles; Salary for other roles) for this position is: $116,000 - $277,000. The actual offer will be based on the role, location, and individual candidate experience. Bonus, commission, and/or equity may be eligible for this position. VMware offers comprehensive benefits including, but not limited to: medical, dental, and vision plans, company paid holidays, paid sick leave, and vacation time. Additional benefits for this position can be found at https://benefits.vmware.com/. Your talent advisor can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
This job may require the candidate to travel and/or work from a facility that requires full vaccination prior to entry.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2023-04-07
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what's possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Senior Endpoint Software Engineer (Windows)
Keywords: VMware, Birmingham , Senior Endpoint Software Engineer (Windows) - Opportunity for Working Remotely, IT / Software / Systems , Birmingham, Alabama
here to apply!