MRI Technologist - FT 7 on/7 off
Company: Ascension, B82
Posted on: December 4, 2019
We Are Hiring
Position: MRI Technologist
Department: Magnetic Resonance Imaging 001
Position: St Vincent's Birmingham -
Shift: Full Time; 7on/7off Thursday-Wednesday; 11am-10pm on
Saturday 7a-530p; Sunday 7a-12p
What You Will Do:
As a MRI Technologist with St. Vincent's Health System, you will
have the opportunity to operate a scanner to obtain images used to
diagnose and treat of pathologies.
- Prepares and positions patients and selects anatomic and
technical parameters accurately to produce cross-sectional images
of the body.
- Performs patient pre-screening, scheduling, and education
related to the examination.
- Enters and monitors patient data, transfers images from disk to
magnetic media to produce the transparency and develops film in an
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and
documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential
problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to
include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film
storage area and any other areas in department. What You Will
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job
- Radiologic Technologist specialized in Radiology or MRI
credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
(ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Education:
- Associate's degree, or Technical degree required from a
Radiology Program Work Experience:
- MRI experience preferred but not required Why Join
St. Vincent's Health System, part of Ascension, is made up of St.
Vincent's Birmingham, St. Vincent's Blount, St. Vincent's East, St.
Vincent's St. Clair, St. Vincent's One Nineteen Health and
Wellness, and the St. Vincent's Ambulatory Healthcare Network,
which includes a wide range of services, from family care to home
health. Together, we provide a special brand of personalized,
compassionate care that balances high touch with high tech, meeting
the needs of people in more than 40 communities.
- Leading with Mission: Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide
everything we do at Ascension. They are foundational to our work to
transform healthcare and express our priorities when providing care
and services, particularly to those most in need
- One Ascension: We are One Ascension. We share a drive to care
for people and provide the best possible outcomes for our patients.
Personalized care is our calling, and teamwork is the way we
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job.
It's a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality
healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go
each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects
talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care
that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative
approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we provide a competitive
compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit
options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time
off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
- Wellbeing Programs: Transforming healthcare starts with taking
care of our associates. We know our associates are busy and on the
go. We provide our team resources and tools to help them
proactively manage their physical, spiritual, and emotional
- Strength in our People: At Ascension, we believe our people are
our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to
have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve,
associates benefit from significant professional opportunities,
career advancement, training and competitive wages. We also support
work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace. Equal
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its
ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and
regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to
all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its
ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,
disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national
origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment
Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more
E-Verify (link to E-Verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, B82, Birmingham , MRI Technologist - FT 7 on/7 off, Other , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!