Sr. Specialist - Business Development (Southeast)
Company: Sunoco Inc.
Posted on: January 17, 2020
The position of Sales Specialist is a key player of the sales team.
This position requires a driven individual with a strong business
acumen, excellent communication, relationship-building skills, and
a passion for growth. Position finds leads, negotiates deals, runs
economic models, develops proposals, presents, and closes deals
within all financial EBITDA metrics/targets.
This position is primarily responsible for their region strategy
utilizing our competitive advantages in supply strength to grow our
customer base and EBITDA, as well as identify new markets for
This Sales Specialist works remote covering an area over the
Southeast including Alabama, Florida, Louisiana, Arkansas,
Mississippi, Georgia, Tennessee, North Carolina, and South
Carolina. You will be required to travel to potential client
locations within that geographical area to develop and maintain
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Prepares a detailed sales plan that identifies "good, better,
best" approach for prospect. Utilize sales materials, pitch books,
presentation templates, and add on services to facilitate sales
conversation with prospects.
* Determine prospects needs, providing economical solutions for
each that demonstrate value, satisfying the prospect while
achieving sales goals and Sunoco financial objectives.
* Accurately reports sales activity (i.e. "Smiles, Dials, Miles")
and key performance metrics at regular cadences.
* Establishes relationships with new business opportunities in
existing and target growth markets.
* Prepares annual budget and growth requirements for assigned
* Operate within Salesforce to create and maintain a strong sales
pipeline with detailed prospect information. Move opportunities
through each phase of the sales funnel effectively securing new
* Clearly articulates ongoing activity with leads, opportunities,
proposals made/excepted/rejected and anticipated closings. Keeps
management apprised of competitive initiatives and challenges.
* Provides critical thinking overcoming objections to successfully
* Attends tradeshows/conferences as appropriate to find leads, grow
opportunity pipeline while maintaining awareness of competitive
* Effectively transitions new accounts to Area Account Manager to
complete on-boarding and account management functions.
* Responsible for obtaining customer financials in order to process
their credit application via Salesforce.
* Creates the initial economic model to provide a rough idea of
customer anticipated volume/margin utilizing our contract criteria:
EBITDA, IRR, CPG, Volume, Leverage, and Coverage.
* Contract offers developed must be reviewed then approved while
being in line with other deals in the given marketplace to avoid
causing issues with our existing customers.
* Creates and presents a professional proposal/offer for
prospective accounts. Works with Supply/Trading/Operations to
develop and execute contracts/agreements.
* Acts as a business consultant with a credible source of industry
and market knowledge.
* Effectively utilizes technology, programs, and platforms (i.e.
Salesforce, Right Angle, Concur, etc.) for all phases of the sales
* Represents Sunoco LP, its portfolio of products and services with
credibility and integrity.
* Effectively communicate the Sunoco LP growth strategy, by market,
by customer channel, and by terminal supply point.
* Bachelor s degree.
* Travel 50 - 75% of the time, some overnight, some multiple nights
in a row.
* Complete all travel and expense related reports.
* 5-8 Years Sales experience required
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job.
* Usually, normal office working conditions.
* Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
due to prolonged periods of sitting or standing.
* Occasional overnight travel is REQUIRED.
* Occasional visits to industrial/manufacturing settings, which may
include exposure to various materials and chemicals, as well as
extreme temperature conditions and loud machinery, and require
appropriate personal protective equipment.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Disability/Veteran
Keywords: Sunoco Inc., Birmingham , Sr. Specialist - Business Development (Southeast), Other , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!