Service Delivery Customer Experience Leader
Company: Hargray Communications
Posted on: June 11, 2021
Are you passionate about making a difference in people's lives?
Are you motivated to learn and connect people with cutting edge
technology? Do you go the extra mile to provide customer delight?
Then you should join the Hargray team as a Service Delivery
Customer Experience Leader!
The Company: For over 70 years, Hargray has been connecting
customers to each other and the world, growing from a local phone
company to an industry leader providing residential, business,
enterprise, and carrier wholesale communications services. Our
mission is to envision and deliver customer delight. In addition to
our long history of dedication and commitment to our community, we
offer benefits for your health, wealth, protection, well-being,
time, and more. Our team of over 800 colleagues supporting local
markets throughout the southeast is committed to excellence,
delivering the most advanced technology and the best service for
General Description of Position:
To earn total customer satisfaction and loyalty by providing
installation and repair services that exceed the quality and value
expectations of our customers, employees, owners and the community.
Responsible for supervision of all maintenance and repair of OSP
cables and supporting network elements used to supply
telecommunications services. Performs quality assessment of all
plant types as needed and manages work activities related to
preventive maintenance, splicing, troubleshooting, and repairs.
Schedules team members and contract resources to ensure troubles,
service orders, and plant issues are worked in a timeline manner.
Responsible for leadership and direction for day-to-day performance
while maintaining a high level of professionalism and cooperation
between different departments and work areas.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recommends strategic plans to accommodate corporate goals.
- Directs the installation and repair of services to residential
customers to include voice, video and internet services from
splicing and drop services to customer education.
- Performs quality control assessment of all installation and
repair, splicing, and drop services and maintenance and repair
- Sets goals for the operation to ensure that the company can
achieve its overall objectives. Acts as a coordination point
between sales and operations leadership.
- Reviews service order activity and performs trouble ticket
- Performs quality control assessment of all OSP plant
maintenance and repair services, including splicing, maintenance,
and repair of copper, coaxial, and fiber cables from the Central
Office or Head End to the de-mark box located at the customer
- Directs the repair of OSP plant that carries voice, video, and
internet services in a hands-on manner.
- Assists in testing of fiber, coaxial, and copper cables; uses
various fault locating equipment to isolate source of try to
isolate source of trouble or complaint, including forward and
reverse testing of HFC plant.
- Addresses employee and customer complaints and problems
immediately. Reports or escalates issues to appropriate level of
management as required.
- Reads and interprets staking sheets and cable design schematics
to splice newly installed cable in pedestals; provides as-built
information back to design engineers when variances are
- Verifies information on repair orders and service orders;
advises appropriate employees of any needed corrections or changes
- Oversees management activities across departments and personnel
levels to ensure integrity of budget, schedule, and technical
performance of operations.
- Ensures excellent customer experience for all customers, both
internal and external, by coordinating department to operate as a
team in accordance with Hargray's Guiding Principles for customer
- Communicates to ensure that information, company goals and
objectives, and performance are transferred in a timely manner to
all levels of personnel.
- Supports team in embracing company initiatives and direction by
providing a unified front with managerial decisions and modeling
behaviors expected of team.
- Prepares and delivers periodic operational reports depicting
achieved service levels.
- Performs skills assessment of all Installation and Repair
Technicians, Cable Maintenance Technicians, Splicing Technicians,
Construction Leaders, and Construction Assistants and recommends
training as required.
- Inspects department vehicles to ensure they are kept in a
clean, orderly, well-stocked fashion. Reviews monitoring data to
ensure safe operation and compliance with Company policies.
Completes necessary paperwork for maintenance or repairs to
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in
solving work problems.
- Works with team to identify and implement customer or colleague
experience improvement activities and process improvements.
- Initiates and directs plans to motivate workers to achieve
goals, strive for maximum efficiency and to go beyond what is
- Supports and enforces company policies and directives.
- Recommends or initiates personnel actions, such as hiring,
promoting, transferring, discharging, disciplinary measures, pay
- Responsible for timely performance evaluation of employees
based upon measurable objective criteria.
- Responsible for training and development of all employees.
- Communicates with other departments to ensure trouble and
service orders are worked in a timely manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to ensure effective
operation of the department and the Company.
Qualifications and Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the telecommunications industry
installing and repairing residential voice, video, and internet
- Must be familiar with the methods and procedures to install and
repair voice, video, and internet over copper, HFC, GPON, Cellular
backhaul, and Fiber to the Home infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of AC/DC theory as it applies to
- Understanding of Company construction standards and
- Must be willing to learn new material and be able to teach
other employees as needed.
- Strong working knowledge of HCF coax plant requirements and RF
signal, FCC testing and reporting requirements for HFC plant,
ability to read and interpret OSP design records, and working
knowledge of RUS and NEC codes as they
Keywords: Hargray Communications, Birmingham , Service Delivery Customer Experience Leader, Other , Anniston, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!