Company: Donan Solutions LLC
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Are you an Engineer seeking access to a variety of forensic
investigation projects, professional development, and a network of
300 Professional Engineers?
Donan has the position for you! We are looking for a full-time
Civil Engineer in Birmingham, AL with a Professional Engineer to
join our team. Donan is also considering Engineer in Training
candidates in this location.
Donan is a leader in the forensic investigation industry. We are
looking for someone who will embody our values and Lead with
Integrity, Respect and Care for All, be an Innovator in their
field, be Driven to Achieve, and value Working Together.
As a Donan Engineer, you will travel within your assigned region
to perform on-site investigations and deliver a written report of
findings and conclusions. Donan Engineers consistently ensure the
forensic investigations conform to our quality of standards by
following the scientific method.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide expert testimony as required on assigned work, with an
unbiased and honest conclusion.
- Write a technical report providing detailed and accurate
information on completed projects.
- Consistently communicate, document your communication, with
clients to provide timelines and updates.
- Providing expert testimony and/or depositions as needed on
projects in which they have been assigned.
- Must be willing to work additional hours during period of peak
business demand as deemed necessary.
- Provide excellent customer service to company internal and
- Proactively pursue additional training, mentoring
opportunities, licenses, education, and/or certifications (cost
covered by Donan).
- Travel up to 50% of the time may be required for assigned work
outside of your home-region. Daily and overnight in-region travel
is also required for facilitating investigations.
- Registered as an active Professional Engineer (P.E.) or
Engineer in Training in the state applied.
- Have an active NCEES record (Or be eligible to obtain within
six months of employment).
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Civil or Structural
Engineering or related engineering disciplines (Mechanical,
- Two-three years of experience in failure analysis, knowledge of
residential and/or commercial construction, building codes, design,
or related experience is highly preferred.
- Required to have a valid driver's license, with an acceptable
- Required to have strong technical writing abilities with
experience using Microsoft Word.
- Proficient with general computer skills (Microsoft Calendar,
Excel, Outlook, PPT, etc.).
- Must have superior customer service skills, be team oriented
and enjoy service-oriented work.
- Must be able to work efficiently with periods of minimal
supervision due to remote (home office) setting.
- Must have access to home high-speed internet service and
reliable cellular reception.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Required to meet all standards for pre-employment physical
Related Experience: Civil Engineer, Design Engineer, Structural
Engineer, Construction Management, Residential Construction,
- Frequently required to stand on one's feet for prolonged
periods of time.
- Frequently required to lift and/or move objects weighing 50-100
- Frequently required to climb onto first and second story roofs,
ascend/descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, etc.
- Frequently required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or
- Frequently required to drive a vehicle for extended periods of
Benefits and Perks:
- Remote Work within Assigned Region
- Compensatory Paid Time
- 401(k) Matching
- Profit Sharing Bonus (10% of Annual Salary)
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance Coverage
- HSA and HRA (Employer contributions)
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability
- All Equipment Provided (company vehicle, laptop, etc.)
- License and Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
Internal Title: Forensic Engineer
To learn more about us visit donan.com.
Donan is committed to creating a diverse environment and is
proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are an E-Verify
Keywords: Donan Solutions LLC, Birmingham , Civil Engineer, Other , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!