Lab Technician - Birmingham
Company: Advanced Dermatology
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Utilizes training and knowledge to accurately process speciments
and ensure that all support systems are operated according to
- Bachelor's degree in a chemical or biological science
- Reports directly to Laboratory Supervisor
- Prolonged sitting
- Repetitive hand, wrist and shoulder motion
- Lifting up to 25 lbs. occasion-allyThe omission of specific
statements or descriptions does not preclude management from
assigning duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical
assignment to the position.
EXAMPLE OF WORK PERFORMED
- Recognizes the irretrievability of each sample submitted and
processes each specimen with respect.
- Ability to provide the pathology staff with the following
information on each case: size, color, weight, dimensions, count,
labeling of cassettes into which the specimens are placed,
appropriate comments, and techniques employed in the cut and works
within the guidelines set forth within the gross department
- Notifies department supervisor of any situation that arises
that goes beyond the individual's education, training or
- Responsible for accurate data entry skills.
- Ability to prioritize and adapt to changing demands.
- Maintain focus and consistently deliver quality work within
- Must be accurate and productive.
- Must adhere to all department protocols and procedures.
- Must be reliable, dependable and have an excellent attendance
- Must be a team player.
- Assists in other areas of the lab as directed.
- Participates in special projects and/or assignments as
requested by Manager /Director.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to do detailed
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally with
- Working knowledge of office equipment.
All lab personnel will be required to complete 12 Continuing
Education Units on a calendar-year basis.
REQUIRED CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS:
- Safety 1 CEU
- Dermpath Specific 2 CEU's
- The remaining 9 CEU's can be in any other related laboratory
area of interest.
- Benefits packages
- PTO/6 Paid Holidays/Floating Holiday/Vacation Time
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, May 31, 2021
- 3560 Independence Dr, Birmingham, AL 35209, USA
Keywords: Advanced Dermatology, Birmingham , Lab Technician - Birmingham, Other , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!