Merchant Services Sales Representative II
Company: Synovus Financial Corp.
Posted on: June 13, 2021
- Develops new business utilizing card acceptance solutions
offered by Merchant Services (MS). Supports Community and Retail
bankers in business development calling efforts of existing, new
and prospective relationships as a business referral partner.
Identifies needs, analyzes processing statements, develops and
communicates recommended solutions. Negotiates fee agreements,
finalizes contracts, and implements steps to activate new MS
solutions. Implements strategies and conducts follow-up practices
to ensure internal and external relationships enjoy a positive
experience at every touch point. Actively pursues existing and new
opportunities, refers additional bank needs to business partners as
identified. Conducts training to keep partners engaged and well
informed of relevant industry focus and solution enhancements.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively identifies and pursues Merchant Service (MS)
prospects. Monitors Salesforce activity to identify prospects tied
to event including new DDA, renewals, new loans, new Treasury
Management relationships, and Small Business Association (SBA)
- Reviews bank's ACH reporting to identify existing relationships
currently processing with competitors, identifies market's largest
opportunities and discusses with market leadership and relationship
- Implements strategies to win business. Builds relationships and
- Works closely with bankers in assigned markets to implement
strategies to meet referral partner's individual goals and bank's
strategic objectives as a result of executed business plans
creating value propositions.
- Advises, educates and engages relationships on available
integration solutions to enhance merchant's processing experience
and achieve financial objectives
- Fulfills expectations to grow portfolio's profitability through
effective account management and implementation of strategies to
meet established production goals and year-over-year financial
- Implements strategies and best practices to ensure positive
experience for referral partners and merchant before and after
sale. Responds to questions, resolve issues, and actively engages
merchant to retain and grow relationship.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their
functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures,
laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role.
Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected
violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Three (3) years of job specific experience including direct
merchant sales experience.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field or an equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of payments industry including role of acquirers,
issuers, sponsor bank, card associations, fees, interchange levels,
and independent software vendors (ISV)
- Proficiency in all areas of the sales process
- Proficiency using Salesforce
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software products
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Financial services industry experience
Keywords: Synovus Financial Corp., Birmingham , Merchant Services Sales Representative II, Other , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!