Sirius Technical Services is currently seeking
candidates for an Associate Scientist position in Birmingham, AL.
This is considered a 6 month contract position with the potential
to be a long term direct opportunity!
This position is responsible for conducting routine
microbiological testing, documentation, and data analysis, of
release and in-process pharmaceutical material, utilities, raw
materials, facilities and
equipment. Additionally, the Associate Scientist will be
responsible for upkeep of the laboratory, laboratory supplies, and
other various routine laboratory tasks.
Has a sound understanding of the skills required
to perform the following
· Microbiological Assays and Testing – a)
Turbidimetric/Chromogenic/Gel Clot method for the detection of
bacterial endotoxins; b) Microbial Limits Test/Bioburden
determination, manipulation, and maintenance of ATCC microorganisms
and microbial isolates; c) Sterility Test, Growth Promotion and
Particulate Matter determination using instrumentation and/or
microscopy; d) Biological Indicators Performance Test, e)
Identification of bacteria and fungi using microscopy and
· Environmental Monitoring - Monitoring of Classified
Areas using a) active/passive air sampling methods and RODAC/swab
surface sampling methods for the detection of bacteria and fungi;
and b) Air sampling methods for the detection of Total
Particulates; trending of this data to
and characterize the transient and resident
· Utilities –Testing of a) clean steam and Water for
Injection for total microbial count and presence of endotoxins; and
b) nitrogen and process air for total microbial count and total
· Data analysis and entry into software systems such as
Microbiology Information Management Systems (MIMS).
· GMP Documentation – Document test results and
conclusions in a GMP manner. Ensure test forms are complete before
submission for approval.
· Performs responsibilities in compliance with company
· Adheres to all company safety, health and
policies, procedures and
· Conducts all laboratory activities in a safe manner by
use of MSDS to establish chemical hazards, observes the appropriate
laboratory procedures and
reports all incidents that could threaten the safety of laboratory
· Perform responsibilities in compliance with company
quality systems and provide support to all manufacturing and
· Adhere to all company environmental, health and safety
policies and procedures.
· Conduct all laboratory and cleanroom activities in a
safe manner and according to appropriate written
· Perform microbiological assays according to USP, EU,
ISO regulations and company procedures and test
· Bachelor’s degree in microbiology, biological
sciences, or related field of study
· Minimum 2 yr. experience in a clinical, academic, or
industrial/pharmaceutical microbiology laboratories.
· Experience in microbiological assays and
· Desired experience in environmental monitoring and
· Desired experience in the testing of
· Excellent written and verbal communication
· Excellent organizational and leadership
· Proficiency in Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs) and
Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
· Excellent computer skills including experience with
spreadsheets and databases.
· Ability to use a respirator.
· Ability to work with microorganisms and hot
Sirius Technical Services Inc. is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to characteristics such
as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital
status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by