Posted on: June 12, 2021
"Where our people and our products are essential"
Stella-Jones is North America's leading producer of industrial
pressure-treated wood products. Responding to the vital
infrastructure needs of our economy, we manufacture and distribute
railway ties, utility poles, residential lumber and industrial wood
products across the continent. Stella-Jones recruits team members
who embody our core values and desire an environment where growth
is inspired, dedication is recognized, and achievement is rewarded.
Our ever-expanding footprint provides a great prospect for career
advancement as we seek to develop our emerging leaders.
Stella-Jones is seeking an experienced Administrative
Assistant for our Montevallo, AL operations. The Administrative
Assistant implements administrative systems, procedures and
policies, and monitors administrative projects.
- Coordinate, organize and perform general administrative duties
to include typing, faxing, copying, answering telephones, and
filing as needed.
- Gather, sort, and distribute incoming and outgoing mail within
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and travel
arrangements for department staff.
- Answer telephones, routes calls and/or takes messages.
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventative
maintenance requirements; calls for repairs.
- Maintain office supplies for department; approves special
office supply requests.
- Maintain department files and library including record
- Prepare and submit monthly forms, invoices and check
- Assure that all assigned projects are completed in a timely and
efficient manner and follow-up is done on all administrative
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Five years of Administrative Assistant/Executive Assistant
experience supporting management staff in a professional office
environment; or equivalent combination of education and
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products and email in addition
to a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excel experience highly preferred
- Confidentiality, multitasking and flexibility required
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment
- Ability to work flexible hours as necessary
As a Stella-Jones employee, you will have access to excellent
benefits and incentives including:
- The security of working for a company designated as an
- Comprehensive total benefits package
- Several company-paid benefits including:
- Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Access to a robust employee assistance program
- Competitive compensation
- Annual bonus program opportunity
- 401(k) savings plan with generous Company match (150% on the
first 4% deferred)
- Paid time off and holidays
- Career advancement opportunities
- Ability to purchase Company stock
Click to apply and start the process to join the Stella-Jones
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: Stella-Jones, Birmingham , Administrative Assistant, Other , Montevallo, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!