At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer
world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product
and service solutions around the globe.
You DO NOT have to have surgical device repair experience to be
considered for this position
Individuals with experience working in HVAC repair,
general/residential maintenance and installation, jewelry or watch
repair, automotive, plumbing, or electrical repair, etc often have
transferable skills into this position.
The primary role of the Repair Technician is to perform repairs
on surgical devices and medical instruments. Technicians will be
trained to become familiar with various types of surgical devices
and instruments and understand how to best maintain and repair
them. No experience needed. Job Training will be provided.
Here is a video to give you an idea of the day to day of a
Services, restores and repairs surgical devices or equipment,
and can identify problems within the job role, and uses
standardized testing procedures; examines and tests mechanisms for
Replaces or repairs defective parts.
Reassembles surgical devices or equipment and tests assembly for
conformance to specifications.
Abides by all Company safety and health policies and procedures.
Uses personal protective equipment if required.
Demonstrates basic awareness and knowledge of ordering parts and
its requisition system.
- Aware of and conforms to Company ISO goals and objectives and
supports ISO requirements.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Work experience 1-2 years
- High School Diploma or GED
- Basic organizational and troubleshooting / problem solving
- Ability to effectively communicate with peers and
- Individuals with experience working as a Craftsman/Woman in
detailed repair work such as metal/jewelry or polishing, watch
making/repairs often have transferrable skills to this
- Willing to work overtime and weekends, and flexible shifts as
- Good eye to hand coordination.
- Ability to assemble small parts.
- Great attention to detail.
- Displays Positive Attitude and Confidence.
- Ability to understand repair concepts and follow sequencing or
- Participating in a Team - Participates in a team to some
level/degree, works mostly as an individual contributor.
- Driving Results - Is aware of his/her developing progress
toward Personal Productivity and ensures completion of assigned
repairs, quality (1st pass yield), LHPU and goal attainment
- Managing Work - Uses time effectively and allocates time to
complete own work. Stays Focused - prevents irrelevant issues or
distractions from interfering with own work completion; follows up
promptly on action items.
- Communication - Communicates requests for information,
appropriately to team leader. Is receptive to ideas or suggestions
- Team Work - Winning Together - Is open to working in a team
environment. Understand goals of the team. Has the ability to work
only in his/her work station. Is open to learning. Is regularly
engaged in training, is interested in becoming proficient in new
STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with
approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than
If you need assistance completing the application process,
please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for
accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to
equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action
programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained,
transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race,
color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship
status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation,
gender identity, genetic information, and any other category
protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed
to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor,
but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics
required by 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and
applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program
may be obtained at your location's HR Office during normal business