Class A CDL Delivery Driver
Company: Gulf Distributing Company
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Gulf Distributing Company, LLC
Position Description Delivery Driver
Reports to: Delivery Manager
The Delivery Driver is responsible for the delivery, storage and
merchandising of Gulf Distributing Company products in each
assigned accounts. The Delivery Driver is also responsible for safe
truck operation and the return of all money, unsold product, and
Description of Physical Tasks:
Keep shelves and vendors clean. Place product on hand truck or
dolly (approximately 20 to 50 lbs per case). Pushes/pulls hand
truck to machine or shelves and loads appropriate Gulf Distributing
Company product. Climbing in and out of vehicle and proper lifting
- Must report to work on time and clock in and out at appropriate
- Ensure your truck is properly loaded at all times to prevent
damage to the product.
- Count your product load out and in each day with the warehouse
personnel making sure both are accurate and complete. Sign the
Load-out and Load-in sheets.
- Make deliveries according to the route sequence that has been
- When possible avoid deliveries during retailers busy
- Ensure the product being delivered and that which is already in
the account is properly rotated within the cooler, displays and
- All products within the retail accounts must be merchandised
according to the guidelines established by Gulf Distributing
Company. This includes front facing packages.
- Build, merchandise and sign displays as directed by the
- Ensure that paper and permanent POS is used in each account in
the proper manner and quantity.
- Complete all the special attention items the Salesperson(s) or
Channel Manager have communicated to you.
- Complete all paperwork correctly and according to established
- Collect all monies that are due for the delivery of product to
the retail accounts and check them in according to established
- Safely handle all empties and unsold product to prevent
- Attend all Safety and Drivers Meetings.
- Call on your scheduled accounts and merchandise them completely
including product from backstock.
- Each morning prior to leaving the warehouse inspect your
vehicle according to DOT regulations and adequate fluid
- Maintain in a current status the DOT required logs.
- Obey all traffic laws when you are operating a company
- Courtesy on the road is important at all times. Be polite to
other drivers, it is a reflection on the image of the company.
- Park your truck so you do not interfere with the retailers
- Ensure that your truck cab is clean and organized at all
- Ensure that your truck is properly serviced and repaired as
- At the last delivery stop load all empty pallets into one bay
on each side of the truck.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with the owners,
managers, and employees of all your accounts.
- Demonstrate a sincere interest in the business success of each
- Maintain open and clear communications with all owners,
managers, and other employees of Gulf Distributing Company.
- Maintain open and clear communications with the owners,
managers, and employees of all your accounts.
- Communicate to the Delivery Manager all new competitive
activity in your accounts.
- Should you be unable to make a scheduled delivery to a retail
account you must communicate the reason immediately to the Delivery
Manager or Salesperson.
- After the completion of your scheduled delivery duties check
with the warehouse office personnel for possible additional
- Ensure proper rotation is in effect in all your assigned
- Always be aware of code dates and pick up all product you are
directed to by the Salesperson(s).
- Dress in uniform and maintain your personal appearance in a
professional manner and according to company policy.
- Properly operate, protect from damage, and return all equipment
that has been issued to you (i.e. radios, hand trucks, vehicles,
- Conduct all your activities within the guidelines of all
company policies and procedures.
- Conduct all your activities in accordance to the local, state,
and federal liquor control regulations.
- Report immediately to the Delivery Manager any traffic
violations, on or off duty, that may affect your CDL or
insurability when driving a company vehicle.
- Report all accidents and injuries immediately to the Delivery
- Perform all your work activities in accordance to the
established safe work practices, policies, and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Gulf Distributing Holdings,
LLC is committed to offering equal employment opportunity without
regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic
information, marital status, military status, national origin,
race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other
legally protected characteristic.
Keywords: Gulf Distributing Company, Birmingham , Class A CDL Delivery Driver, Other , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!