Job Number: 15608
Group: Cosma International
Division: Kamtek Inc. - Bld1
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and
engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust
product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse
process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative
products to market.
KAMTEK is a premier Tier 1, automotive manufacturing supplier
that specializes in Class "A" Stamping, Assembly and High Pressure
Die Casting that produces Body-side and Door Openings, Roofs, Floor
Pans, Wheelhouses, Large Welded Assemblies, Doors, Fenders, Hoods,
Lift-gates, Aluminum Shock Towers, and Aluminum Rear Rails. Our
capabilities include the manufacturing of Class "A" Body Panels
along with Medium/Large Stampings, Large Assemblies and Aluminum
Stampings and Assemblies, and Aluminum High Pressure Vacuum Die
Casting to our Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) such as
Mercedes Benz, Volkswagen, Kia, Hyundai, Nissan, BMW and
Freightliner. As a local distributor and supplier, Kamtek' s market
segmentation to Cosma International, (a division of MAGNA
INTERNATIONAL) provides a "state-of-the-art" product that utilizes
the most technologically advanced Pressing processes in order to
maintain a competitive advantage to other OEM's within the market.
Our company's culture of team spirit & mutual respect with a focus
on fair treatment helps us to embrace our multi-cultural
affiliation with Magna International, and supports our mission
through process efficiency and competitive product pricing.
Furthermore, the culture at Kamtek focuses on Job Security, with
employees being given the opportunity for continuous training,
advancement within the skill/trade, and potential for growth within
our safe work environment. We offer Employee Equity and Profit
Participation programs which increase our employees' ownership
within the company. Kamtek, part of Cosma International and a
division of Magna International, represents the most diversified
automotive supplier in the world. We design, develop and
manufacture automotive systems, assemblies, modules and components,
and engineer and assemble complete vehicles, primarily for sale to
original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) of cars and light trucks in
our three geographic segments - North America, Europe, and the Rest
of the World (primarily Asia, South America and Africa). Our
capabilities include the design, engineering, testing and
manufacture of automotive interior systems; seating systems;
closure systems; metal body & chassis systems; mirror systems;
exterior systems; roof systems; electronic systems; powertrain
systems as well as complete vehicle engineering and assembly. We
are a leading global automotive supplier with 347 manufacturing
operations and 92 product development, engineering and sales
centres in 28 countries. We have over 168,000 employees focused on
delivering superior value to our customers through innovative
processes and World Class Manufacturing.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To deliver cost effective manufacturing
solutions for the assembly of stamped metal components which meets
all customer quality and timing requirements.
RESPONSIBILITY AND AUTHORITY: Responsible for on-time delivery
of integrated assembly lines which meets all customer requirements
related to cost and quality, management of suppliers to ensure
expectations and deliverables are met, ensuring assembly lines are
constructed to Kamtek Equipment Build Standards and meet all OSHA
related safety requirements, and ensuring that assembly lines are
operator friendly with due consideration being given to ergonomics,
material flow and lean build philosophies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITIONS:
- Follow and enforce all plant safety rules and policies.
- Follow and comply with all operational procedures/policies as
stated in the employee Environmental Health and Safety
- Understand and promote Magna's philosophies (Magna Operational
Principles, Corporate Constitution and Employee's Charter).
- Ensure timely delivery which meets program milestones utilizing
- Communicate all customer driven changes to ensure assembly line
is built to proper production revision levels
- Ensure that line is built in accordance to all aspects of the
latest version of the Kamtek Equipment Build Standards
- Understand and communicate all customer requirements
- Utilize good working knowledge of all technologies used in the
development and build of automated assembly lines
- Ensure effective deployment of all available resources
- Customer and supplier interface
- Develop and implement innovative solutions to manufacturing
issues related to product development or enhancement
- Execute manpower efficiency studies, through time and motion
studies, or standard data to ensure effective line balancing of
both manpower and machine
- Assist in developing material handling logistics, including
aisle layout and bin placement
- Support continuous improvement and lean manufacturing
- Support the APQP process as directed by the Program
- May require working any shift, overtime, weekends and
- Participate in all Magna and Kamtek required training.
- Promotes good housekeeping (5S)
- Perform other duties as required.
SKILL (Ability to do the job)
- Must have excellent mathematical, organizational, and
communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to develop good working relationships with
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple demands
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to work extended or flexible hours as required
- Must have good program management skill
- Must have practical experience with costing and quoting
- Must have working knowledge of assembly tooling, robotics,
pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical, controls engineering and
- Must have knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and
- Must be willing to work extended or flexible hours as needed to
meet customer requirements
Some of the physical demands for this position include the
ability to lift 40 pounds, the ability to stand and sit for
prolonged periods of time, and occasional bending and stooping.
EQUIPMENT / TOOLS USED
Some of the equipment and tools used are: a computer, telephone,
copier/printer and fax machine
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED required,
- B.S. degree in Engineering (preferred), or equivalent
TECHNICAL TRAINING: AutoCAD and CAD viewer programs
OTHER: Computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and MS Project.
WHAT TYPES? Engineering experience in an automotive
HOW MUCH? 2-4 years
WHAT ADDITIONAL SKILLS OR ABILITIES WOULD BE HELPFUL FOR THE
- Must have the ability to manage multiple priorities in support
of management's priorities and goals.
- Must have the ability to read automotive blueprints and
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to readily resolve conflicts and maintain progress on
tasks and projects.
- Be able to adjust to changing needs and conditions.
- Basic computer skills - Microsoft Office software
- Strong problem solving skills.
WHAT AREAS OF TRAINING ARE REQUIRED?
New Hire Orientation, OSHA Required Training, Product and
Process Overview, Understanding the Charter, TS16949, ISO14001,
Magna Ethics & Compliance
HOW WILL TEAM MEMBER'S JOB PROGRESS BE MONITORED FOR
Performance Assessment conducted by Supervisor and/or Department