Provider Enrollment Specialist I
Company: Encompass Health
Posted on: June 13, 2021
The Provider Enrollment Team is responsible for both the initial
licensure and Medicaid and Medicare enrollments for all hospitals,
as well as renewals and revalidations.
- The Specialist I will gain, and demonstrate, an overall
knowledge of the licensure requirements for a hospital to operate
and will enroll hospitals in both the Medicare and Medicaid
- This employee serves as a liaison with our hospitals and
applicable regulatory agencies throughout the licensure and
- The incumbent will perform statutory and regulatory research
and interpretation to inform and develop a strategic plan to meet
company goals, and will implement the plan to influence agency
- With the final decision of pertinent agencies, the Specialist
will develop a filing timeline, coordinate with hospital, regional,
and home office leaders to complete necessary filings, and
coordinate with agencies, ensuring that hospitals are able to
operate as planned.
- The Specialist will participate in development meetings and
calls to keep internal stakeholders apprised of progress, and will
work with leaders to resolve any concerns.
- The incumbent will likewise work with established hospitals to
ensure that all licenses are renewed and enrollments are
revalidated, preventing any lapse in operations.
- The Specialist will work with hospital, regional, and home
office leaders to ensure that any concerns regarding licensure or
enrollments are resolved expeditiously through statutory and
regulatory research, the development of strategic plans, and the
leveraging of relationships at state agencies.
Job Code: 101257
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree and/or commiserate and relevant provider
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly
Excel and Word.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax
machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects
weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and
equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients.
Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing,
and/or pulling is undertaken which exceeds these minimum
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and
meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant
- Team player, strong analytical skills and ability to problem
solve, strong organizational skills, strong interpersonal
communication skills, and demonstrated work ethic.
- Strong desire to continually learn and self-improve.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable and predictable attendance and
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and
or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by
Job ID: 2118527
Keywords: Encompass Health, Birmingham , Provider Enrollment Specialist I, Other , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!