Company: Jim 'N Nick's Bar-B-Q | Jim ''
Posted on: June 13, 2021
We ARE Hiring!
The purpose of this job is to set up, coordinate, organize, prepare
and plate food orders for the guests according to the plating
procedures and within ticket time standards; to maintain quality
control, kitchen and food storage and Health Department guidelines
and restock and clean up.
Essential Job Functions
- Sets up, stocks and organizes all workstations at the beginning
of the day.
- Can identify food items, produce, meats, cheeses, sauces, and
- Prepares menu items, paying attention to plate presentation and
garnish of each plate and supervises the cooking of all food items
to ensure proper delivery of service.
- Uses knives, measuring ladles, scoops, scales, can opener,
mixer, and other tools or utensils.
- Cuts and prepares food items. Portions food items and stores
them in proper containers.
- Prepares grilled, baked and fried items using recipes. Uses
pans, stock pots, grill, stove, ovens and fryers.
- Stocks supplies for stations.
- Cleans and sanitizes Expo station during the day and at the end
of the day including:
- Wiping down the station and small sham,
- Wiping down the hot food window (top and bottom), and
- Checking out other stations.
- Maintains proper food storage temperatures and rotation, using
- Handles multiple priorities, works under stress and exercises
good judgment when dealing with guest situations and
- Correctly sets up, operates, breaks down and cleans all station
- Follows sanitary practices for food handling, general
cleanliness, and maintenance of Kitchen area.
- Maintains a well-groomed appearance and wears proper attire,
according to the dress code.
- Complies with all health and safety regulations
Factors Important for Successful Performance in this
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- A professional appearance and professional demeanor is
- Following established procedures in an efficient manner.
- Cooperating with other employees to meet the demands of the
Experience and Educational Requirements
A high school diploma is desired, but not required. Experience
with general kitchen techniques and equipment is required.
Physical Requirements (Reasonable Accommodations may be
Performs duties that require bending, lifting, reaching and
turning. Transports items and containers (weighing up to 50 lbs.)
to and from stock and kitchen locations. Is able to stand up to 8
hours or longer if needed.
Additional requirements include:
- Standing and Walking 100% of the time
- Lifting up to 50 pounds to waist high
- Lifting up to 20 pounds to shoulder high
- Carrying up to 30 pounds for short distances
- Constant exposure to heat
- Bending and reaching from under the counter (5 inches above the
ground) to 6 feet above the ground with at least one arm
- Climbing ladder and step stool
- Dexterity required for handling food items and dishes.
NOTE: The duties and responsibilities in this job description
is not intended to be all-inclusive. Other duties and
responsibilities may be assigned as needed to meet the ongoing
needs of the organization.
Brand: Jim 'N Nick's Bar-B-Q
Address: 295 Alabaster BLVD. Alabaster, AL - 35007
Property Description: 4024-Alabaster BLVD.-Alabaster, AL
Property Number: 4024
Keywords: Jim 'N Nick's Bar-B-Q | Jim '', Birmingham , Expediter, Other , Alabaster, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!