RN Manager - Associate & Occupational Health (Birmingham, Alabama)
Posted on: September 14, 2021
We Are Hiring:
Working for Ascension is more
than just a job. It’s a career where your talent and passion for
delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for team
members and the community.
Ascension is seeking an RN Manager to
lead the Associate & Occupational Health team on-site
in Birmingham, Alabama!
Flexible hours to support AOH coverage
including days, nights, weekends, and
What You Will Do:
an RN Manager, Associate
& Occupational Health, you will lead ministry
level clinical operations across assigned areas to ensure meeting
performance metrics and other quality initiatives. Providing
clinical leadership of the Associate and Occupational Health
program and supports targeted goals as a component of the overall
national AOH Center of Expertise.
What You Will Need:
- Leads implementation of clinical and operational policies and
procedures surrounding associate health/safety based on collection
and analysis of associate risk related items across the market and
in alignment with national and local guidelines.
- Will assist local market Executive Leadership, Talent
Acquisition, Human Resources, Infection Prevention, Legal, Safety,
Workers Compensation as needed with policy implementation and case
- Utilizes national materials to aid in education of
associates and physicians about AOH, regulatory responsibilities,
and associate safety programs and their responsibilities to those
- Manages activities related to staffing, including hiring,
orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions, and continuing
- Promotes an Ascension mission based culture for AOH
- Implement AOH associate engagement activities to promote
a positive and collaborative workplace.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory compliance
- Maintains routine review of
- Conduct AOH staff huddles and updates, and collaborate
with facility level huddles.
- Oversees record keeping and reporting processes on system
platforms utilized to store records.
- Provides assistance to Workers' Compensation function
regarding accommodated duty, restricted duty, disability leave,
return to work and associate safety
- Participate in local meetings with HR, IP, Safety,
Medical Group, CNO, etc.
- Implement National strategies to the local markets.
Assists in implementation of consistent processes and procedures to
be established across the market
- Assists with budget management
Licensure / Certification /
- BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date
- Registered Nurse preferred. Licensure required relevant to
state in which work is performed.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 2 years of experience required.
- 1 year of leadership or management experience required.
Why Join Our Team:
- Associate's, Bachelor's or Master's degree in Nursing
When you join Ascension, you join a team of
over 160,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission
of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to
all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career
coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and
tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path.
In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance
alone to support associate growth and development. If you are
looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in
your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension is an equal opportunity
employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or
mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification
Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more
Keywords: Ascension, Birmingham , RN Manager - Associate & Occupational Health (Birmingham, Alabama), Other , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!