Hospice Registered Nurse | RN
Location: Rainbow City
Posted on: September 15, 2021
Caregiving is our Calling
At Amedisys whether we're caring for patients directly or
supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every
team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional,
clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and
families every day. In hospice, you'll be a true advocate for
patients at the end of life while maintaining autonomy and
independence to support their needs.
We Care from the Heart
from Amedisys Video on
What You Will Do
As a hospice case manager for Amedisys, you will have a special
opportunity to provide, coordinate and direct the provision of
hospice nursing and palliative care to terminally ill patients in
their home. You will closely collaborate with the attending
physician, patients and their families, and other members of the
patient care team to provide and maintain continuity of patient
care to achieve excellent pain and symptom management and high
quality end-of-life care for the patient.
- Assess and reassess all physical, environmental and emotional
factors to determine hospice needs for patients in the home
- Works in cooperation with the family/caregiver and IDT to meet
the emotional needs of the patient/family/caregiver.
- Utilize a combination of agency resources and nationally
recognized standards of practice to achieve excellent pain and
symptom management and high quality end-of-life care.
- Coordinate the total Plan of Care and maintains continuity of
patient care by liaising with appropriate staff and the
- Actively participates in Interdisciplinary Team (IDT)
- Provide supervision and evaluation of aides and nurses.
- Attend funerals/calling hours when appropriate as assigned by
the bereavement coordinator.
- Current and unencumbered license to practice as a Registered
Nurse specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience as a registered
- Current CPR certification
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation and proof of
auto insurance to complete home visits
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
- Previous home health or hospice experience
- Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse (CHPN)
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees
and applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital
status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military
status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier
status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we
have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide
and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for
eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (medical, dental,
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and
Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Continuing Education
- Fleet car for eligible employees
Keywords: Amedisys, Birmingham , Hospice Registered Nurse | RN, Other , Rainbow City, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!