Company: Unassigned/Prospective Account
Posted on: September 16, 2021
Insight Global is seeking 2 Multi-craft Maintenance Technicians
for one of the leaders of specification secondary aluminum alloy.
These candidates will perform a wide variety of assignments
including: Machine Repair, Machine Installation, Basic Machining,
Pipefitting, Metalwork/ Fabrication and Welding. They will perform
all operations in accordance with the specified guidelines and
If your tech has electrical experience, their day to day will be:
The removal, repair and installation of electrical components,
electrical systems analysis and diagnosis, advanced troubleshooting
and systems/process optimization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot malfunctions in operating equipment
- Conduct Preventive and Predictive Maintenance inspections to see
if equipment efficiency exists
- Calibration and certification of shop and process equipment
- Complete overhauls of various types of equipment such as: gear
boxes, pumps, mechanical seals, powered mobile equipment and air
- Operation of grinders, saws, drills and various hand tools and
shop equipment in a safe and effective manner
- Other general plant maintenance experience in welding, and
hydraulics highly desired.
- Working from drawings, plant layouts, or verbal orders, perform a
wide variety of assignments, operating a variety of power equipment
- Must be proficient in the use of all measuring instruments to
layout, check and verify all dimensions and tolerances.
- Mechanical repairs to all machines and equipment including:
machine alignment, replace bearings, shafts, gears, spindles,
- Repair a variety of hydraulic & pneumatic valves, controls,
pressure regulators, pumps, tools, etc.
- Assist in solving excessive tooling or machine problems in
- Adjust, align, patch or replace drives, conveyors, etc. Inspect &
repair; hoists & cranes, cables, hooks, shafts, etc.
- Perform set-up and all position welding on a diversified line of
weldments and structures involving a variety of parts and
assemblies using a variety of welding equipment e.g. gas, arc, mig,
- Proficiently operate a wide variety of tools and equipment (hand
tools, socket sets, wrenches, chain hoist, hydraulic jacks and
cranes, fork-lifts, hi-lifts, pneumatic wrenches, micrometers,
verniers, levels, drill press, grinders, etc.)
- Able to read, interpret and use blue prints, drawings, sketches,
- Be capable of using Computerized Maintenance Management software
to create work notifications, look-up and order parts, print work
orders, and enter time confirmations.
- Prior experience working in secondary aluminum industry
- Prior experience in heavy industrial manufacturing
- Proficient knowledge in QMS (Quality Management System)
- High school diploma or GED
- 4+ years of experience in industrial repair and maintenance OR
Associates degree in related technical areas/equipment
- Preventative/predictive maintenance experience
- Troubleshooting & RCCA (Root Cause Corrective Action)
- Fabrication skills (oxy acetylene cutting, Arc & MIG welding,
- Ability to disassemble, diagnose, repair, and perform
preventative repairs on equipment
- General knowledge of: building lighting systems, lock-tag &
clear-try OSHA rules, PLC & VFD troubleshooting, troubleshooting
process heating and cooling equipment
**IF YOUR MAINTENANCE TECH HAS ELECTRICAL EXPERIENCE THEY CAN
RECEIVE MORE COMPENSATION
Keywords: Unassigned/Prospective Account, Birmingham , Maintenance Tech, Other , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!