Substance Abuse Counselor (MAT)
Company: New Season
Posted on: October 14, 2021
COUNSELOR-4 JOB DESCRIPTION
For over 30 years, New Season Treatment Centers have been a
leading national health care service provider of outpatient
treatment centers that specialize in providing safe, quality and
best in class care for individuals living with Opioid Use Disorder
Operating in over 70 treatment centers in multiple states, our
team members are engaged in medication-assisted treatment,
counseling, support, and care management of individuals living with
OUD. We treat the whole person and, in so doing, address the
underlying causes of OUD in an effort to provide a continuum of
care that not only addresses treatment needs but supports the
patient on their journey to recovery.
- New Season operates a number of nationally recognized and
accredited methadone treatment centers dedicated to helping
individuals with prescription drug abuse and/or opiate addiction
regain control of their lives.
- We take great pride in treating our patients with dignity and
respect in each phase of their treatment experience
- Works with patients to complete all intakes, admissions,
discharges, and transfer paperwork.
- Documents patient progress through counseling and interaction
- Completes patient psychosocial and an individualized treatment
plan within the required time frame.
- Identifies any clinical/case management needs and works to
address those needs.
- Performs individual, group, and family counseling as
- Performs at least 20 hours of direct one-on-one patient contact
per week through individual or group counseling.
- Reports patient abuse, neglect and exploitation as
- Reports patient grievances as required.
- Educates patient in all aspects of treatment, corresponding
health issues and steps to recovery.
- Obtains Urine Drug Screens and initial patient photo
- Assists in monitoring all patient activities on center
- Actively participates in community relations activities as
directed and authorized.
- Ensures the reading and understanding of the Policy and
- Ensures compliance with 42 CFR Part 2 (Federal Confidentiality
Regulations) and 45 CFR, Parts 160 & 164 (HIPAA)
- Is responsible for obtaining or maintaining proper licensure
and/or certification according to specific state requirements.
- Actively participates in preparation for surveys and
inspections conducted by CARF, the State, DEA, Board of Pharmacy
and any other agency site visits as dictated by the state laws or
- Participates in all staff meetings
- Ensures compliance with local, State, Federal and Colonial
Management Group, LP rules, regulations and policies.
- Always acts in the best interests of the program and company;
honors, supports, and protects the proprietary data and rights of
- Performs other tasks as assigned by clinic, region or corporate
- Experience in substance abuse field is not required, but
- Qualified candidates will have a Master's degree in a
- Experience Required:
- Minimum of 500 hours of experience in substance abuse
- Skill and Ability:
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and be dependable and
- Basic mathematics skills
- Competitive Pay
- 3 weeks of PTO
- Excellent Medical (EPO & PPO plans), Dental, and Vision
- FSA's and Teladoc services
- Life Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- 401k with up to 3% matching
40 hours a weekTri County Treatment Center
- Colonial Management Group, LP./New Season Is committed to Equal
Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal,
State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on
the basis of race, color, age, national origin, ethnicity,
religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation,
citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran's status or
any other classification protected by State/Federal laws
Keywords: New Season, Birmingham , Substance Abuse Counselor (MAT), Other , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!