Verification and Validation - Senior Systems Verification & Validation Engineer
Company: TuSimple, Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Join TuSimple and help change the way the world moves. Together
we're making freight transportation safer, more efficient, and more
environmentally friendly.This opportunity is located in Tucson,
AZ.Quick apply by emailing your resume
to:@ivy.greenhouse.ioTuSimple Company OverviewCome join a higher
calling and find a deeper purpose!TuSimple is a fully
commercialized autonomous trucking company. As a multi-national
Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter
of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading
the industry in autonomous trucking.While inventing the framework
of Autonomous Driving, our live fleet of autonomous Trucks have
fully evolved land freight. TuSimple is leading the way by hiring
the most talented researchers, engineers, and
scientists.Opportunity OverviewDo you like to break things?
TuSimple is looking for that rarest of test engineers - with a true
knack for teasing out problems at all layers of a design.
Successful candidates will have a strong aptitude in systems
thinking, test design and automation skills, and possess an
exceptional combination of programming, mechanical, and electronics
aptitudes. Writing and executing test plans and test cases is your
sweet spot. If you have a strong background in V&V activities,
a disciplined approach, and the skills to go from requirements to
finished tests, we would love to talk with you! This position
reports to the Test Manager of Systems Verification and Validation
(V&V) and is responsible for key aspects of proving out our
Autonomous Driving System and Class 8 truck platform. In this role,
you will work with stakeholders across many aspects of testing a
self-driving truck, such as hardware, software, embedded
controllers, systems, hardware in the loop test benches,
simulation, unit testing, and other testing modalities.Role
- 8+ years in combined hardware/software/systems verification and
- Very strong technical writing skills.
- BS or higher in Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience building executable test plans and coverage driven
- Ability to organize complex test activities at each layer of a
- Design test strategies based on requirements, architecture, and
- Develop test methods, including statistical techniques.
- Build test automation capabilities from ground up.
- Expose design gaps against requirements.
- Work across complex hardware/software/electronic systems.
- Solid understanding of requirements management, configuration
management, product hardware and software V&V, defect
management and risk analysis.
- Supports the team in investigations for identifying the root
cause of failures and definition and implementation of control
- Significant knowledge of the proper application of hardware and
software testing modalities.
- Experience with industry standard software development and
automation tools (LabVIEW, Python, JIRA, Jenkins, Git, Docker,
- Ability to produce and present findings and recommendations to
a team of colleagues and clients.Key Accountabilities
- Generate and execute Test Strategies and detailed Test
- Execute TuSimple's V&V strategy around existing test
modalities (bench, track, remote track, public roads).
- Create V&V traceability to requirements and
- Ensure all aspects of subsystems are thoroughly verified.
- Work with customers and vendors to ensure the verification
plans provide accurate and complete coverage, capable of certifying
the complete Autonomous Driving System on a specified
- Work with other personnel across the organization to build a
compliant verification approach to the requirements.Experience &
- Experience using DOORS/DNG, Jama, or a similar relational
database to tie requirements to test cases.
- Experience working with external partners and customers in
shared V&V activities.
- Advanced technical degree.
- Experience working safety critical products, such as within
automotive, aerospace, or defense.
- Experience with automotive standards.
- New product development experience in a regulated
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your
- Work visa sponsorship available
- Relocation assistance available
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks,
special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Stock options / equity
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disabilityTuSimple is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in
employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age,
handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited
by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are
performed without regard to the above-listed items.Brown
University, California Institute of Technology, Carnegie Mellon
University, Columbia University, Cornell University, Dartmouth
College, Duke University, Georgia Institute of Technology, Harvard
University, Harvey Mudd College, Massachusetts Institute of
Technology, North Carolina State University, Northwestern
University, Princeton University, Purdue University, Rice
University, Rose - Hulman Institute of Technology, Stanford
University, Tufts University, University of California - Berkeley,
University of California - Los Angeles, University of
Illinois-Urbana-Champaign, University of Maryland-College Park,
University of Massachusetts-Amherst, University of Michigan-Ann
Arbor, University of Notre Dame, University of Pennsylvania,
University of Southern California, University of Texas Austin,
University of Washington, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Williams
College, Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI), Yale University,
MIT, CMU, Waymo, Uber, Facebook, Uber, Amazon, Cruise, Tesla, Argo
AI, Baidu, DIDI, Zoox, Nutonomy, Nuro, Aptiv, Pony.Ai, Kodiak,
Toyota, Nissan, GM, Ford, VW, Autonomous Car, Autonomous Driving,
Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep learning,
Perception, Prediction, Planning, Control, Anduril Industries,
Sift, Nauto, Tempus, Salesforce, Automation Anywhere, SenSat,
Phrasee, Defined Crowd, Pymetrics,Siemens, Socure, AEye, Rev.com,
Suki.ai, Verkada, DataVisor, People.ai, AlphaSense, Icertis,
Casetext, Blue River Tech, Nvidia, Bright Machines, Orbital
Insight, Brighterion, H2O, Intel, Clarifa, X.ai, Zebra Medical
Vision, Iris AI, Freenome, Neurala, Akamai, Zoho, ServiceNow,
SalesForce, Oracle, Tableau,Splunk,Cvent, Veeam,Atlassian,
DocuSign, Dropbox, Veeva Systems, Proofpoint, Cornerstone,
Qualtrics. New Relic, Okta, Intralinks, MuleSoft, Freshworks,
Slack, Twilio, Anaplan, Stripe, Workfront, Smartsheet, Zuora,
OutSystems, Coupa, Cylance, Elastic, Zoom, SailPoint, BlackLine,
iCIMS, Digitate, Qualys, Kareo, DataStax, DiscoverOrg, Siteimprove,
Druva, Centrify, Looker, SimilarWeb, Odoo, Kyriba, Sumo Logic,
Sisense, PagerDuty, DigitalOcean, Liquid Web, Zaloni, Databricks,
ServiceTitan, Fastly, SnapLogic, Mendix, Couchbase, Egnyte,
Seismic, Bill.com, Justworks, Collibra, ActiveCampaign, Schoology,
Keywords: TuSimple, Inc., Birmingham , Verification and Validation - Senior Systems Verification & Validation Engineer, Other , Lincoln, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!