Company: Highlight Technologies
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Overview:We are looking for a Loan Specialist to support the
Small Business Administration (SBA) in Birmingham, AL. You must
have thorough knowledge of the financial and credit factors related
to business, commercial, and/or home loans including business
practices and financial structures, pertinent statutory,
regulatory, and administrative provisions. The position requires
the application of extensive experience and seasoned judgment
together with a broad knowledge and understanding of business
systems, elements of good management, financial organization and
management, the economic climate for small business, and earning
potential of the business enterprise involved. It also requires
knowledge and skill in analysis, evaluation and problem solving to
identify and define financial management problems and assist in the
development of workable solution.Responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of tasks depending upon the division to which
the individual is assigned including processing, origination,
servicing, guaranty purchasing and/or liquidating; but the majority
of the time (not less than 60%) is spent on loans which are
considered to be more "complex" or problematic because of specific
conditions or of their nature. Reviews assigned loan file to become
acquainted with the characteristic requirements, collateral, and
terms of the loan.
- Review and analyze requests from direct borrowers or requests
from participant lenders in relation to servicing, liquidating or
purchasing loans depending upon the division to which is assigned.
Independently determine what data is needed in order to
analyze/evaluate the request. Analyze these requests in terms of
financial condition of the borrowers and their effect and
implication they have on the interest of SBA if they are approved.
Make independent recommendations on these requests to
- Analyze financial statements (using cash flow projections and
ratio analysis) as necessary to detect trends in the financial
condition of the business and to initiate appropriate corrective
- Provide extensive servicing, purchasing or liquidation of the
more complex delinquent loans or potentially delinquent loans.
Analyze the underlying problems and causes of the delinquency and
develops the solutions to protect the interest of the Agency and
the survival of the small business.
- Conduct interviews with borrowers and lenders and counsels them
on SBA's practices. Assess borrower's or lender's need for
assistance from other sources and counsels accordingly.
- Participate in the training of new personnel in loan servicing
or purchasing or liquidation work; explaining procedures,
techniques, and policy. Work closely with new personnel to acquaint
them with the functions of the division.
- Maintain up-to-date entries in all appropriate required systems
(LLTS, GPTS, DLCS HATS and MasterTrak) to ensure integrity of the
data and Center efficiency.
- Conduct research necessary to assist lenders in answering
inquiries regarding recently submitted actions or inquires.
- Review and associate trailing documents with their respective
loan files or transfers files / documents to the appropriate SBA
- Analyze and make recommendations on transaction requests in
accordance with existing Agency SOP's or guidelines.
- Utilize various software programs to perform daily tasks
including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook. Also utilizes
SBA software programs such as Qterm and Guaranty Purchase Tracking
System (GPTS) to input or research information.
- Performs other loan processing, servicing, purchasing,
liquidation or other transaction activities as needed to support
the office operation.Qualifications:
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Public Trust eligibility.
- Associates degree or higher from an accredited
- Five (5) years of relevant experience.
- Commercial lending work experience is required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the substantive programs of Small
Business Administration and they relate to loan administration
- Knowledge of duties, priorities, commitments, policies and
goals of the office sufficient to perform assignments such as
telephone requests and other inquiries.
- Practical knowledge of standard procedures in loan
administration requiring extended experience to perform such work
as preparation of the more routine modification of loan terms and
- Knowledge of financial statements, credit instruments,
collateral documents and business terminology.
- Skill and ability to use calculator, typewriter and/or personal
computer to complete forms, recurring reports and correspondence
which is generated by job activity.
- Skill and ability to deal with situations on the telephone
involving individuals who may not understand the Agency's programs
or who have complaints or grievances with the Agency.
- Judgment in locating and selecting the most appropriate
guidelines, references, and procedures for application and in
making minor deviations to adopt the guidelines in specific cases,
may determine which of several established alternatives to
use.About Highlight:For over ten years, Highlight has provided
Development and Modernization, Secure IT, and Mission Solution
services to our federal government customers. Our team knows the
technology; we understand how our customers and their stakeholders
work; and we know how to implement industry best practices to
deliver high-quality, end-to-end solutions that minimize risk and
maximize results.Since our inception, Highlight has had an
employee-first mindset. Our mission is to provide employees with
rewarding and impactful career opportunities. In 2021, Highlight's
founder and CEO, Rebecca Andino, implemented an Employee Stock
Ownership Plan to embody and expand our culture of transparency,
teamwork and rewarding the work of our employees. By becoming an
ESOP, our employee-owners share in the success of the company
through their ownership stake. To learn more about ESOPS, check
out: www.esopinfo.org.We're an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change - regardless of
their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other
characteristics. Our team is dedicated to foster diversity within
our teams to promote creativity, innovation, and teamwork to
deliver the best solutions for our customers.-:#cwlp
Keywords: Highlight Technologies, Birmingham , Loan Specialist, Other , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!