Recovery Care Specialist
Company: Magnolia Creek Treatment Center for Eating Disorde
Posted on: November 23, 2021
**Full Time & Part / Night Shift, Day Shift & PRN
Available**Position SummaryThe Recovery Care Specialist promotes
clients' involvement in the treatment program. Recovery Care
Specialists assist clients in various clinical, nutritional and
administrative activities as directed, to ensure optimal client
- Manages the daily milieu at Magnolia Creek Treatment Center,
assisting with program activities, observations, charting
- Consistently maintains the privacy and confidentiality
requirements and regulations.
- Becomes familiar with the histories and needs of clients and
identifies cues and behaviors that may indicate a change in the
- Under the direction of the Lead Recovery Care Specialist,
provides appropriate emotional support to clients.
- Spends one on one time with clients during scheduled activities
and leisure time.
- Communicates pertinent patient information to the Clinical
Director as well as to the treatment team, as appropriate.
- Responsible for maintaining proper and timely documentation
regarding client's progress. Alerts management and Therapists of
client concerns or problems.
- Day and evening shift Recovery Care Specialists are required to
eat meals with the clients, providing role modeling healthy food
and body image behaviors.
- Observes client behavior during and after meals.
- Assists in various nutritional activities including but not
limited to, meal preparation, grocery shopping, meal outings,
supervision of exercise and other activities assigned by the
clinical staff and/or the Dietitian.
- Demonstrates proper food safety and handling standards when
preparing/serving meals to the clients.
- Assist with housekeeping duties, including cleaning of
facilities (i.e. taking out trash, loading and unloading
dishwasher, laundry, running errands and other duties as
- Assist with tours for clients, family members, students,
visitors and interested parties as requested.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading professional publications related to
Magnolia Creek Mission and population.ISJP123Education and
ExperiencePosition requires a 1 + years of related experience.
Bachelor's Degree preferred. Experience with eating disorders is
strongly preferred.Other RequirementsPosition requires incumbent to
have a valid driver's license and vehicle insurance.Magnolia Creek
Treatment Center reserves the rights to modify, interpret, or apply
this job description in any way the organization desires. This job
description in no way implies that these are the only duties,
including essential duties, to be performed by the employee
occupying this position. This job description is not an employment
contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains
"At-Will." The aforementioned job requirements are subject to
change to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with
Keywords: Magnolia Creek Treatment Center for Eating Disorde, Birmingham , Recovery Care Specialist, Other , Columbiana, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!