Company: Shrimp Basket
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Description Summary/ObjectiveSell and serve Shrimp Basket food
and drinks in a professional manner. Essential FunctionsReasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains complete knowledge of Shrimp Basket food and beverage
preparation, menu, and LTO's.
- Takes orders for alcoholic (age 21 and over) and non-alcoholic
beverages and food items.
- Prepares orders for alcoholic (age 21 and over) and
- Able to use a computer to ring orders into a POS
- Suggestively sells and serves food and drinks to three to five
tables, as determined by management.
- Refills drinks as needed by customers.
- Accepts different types of payment and makes change (all
servers must carry their own bank).
- Interacts with customers, management, and co-workers in a
- Maintains specific side-work (may include the following: get
ice for bins, fill cracker baskets, sleeve silverware, make/portion
sauces, cut lemons, sweep/mop after closing, set up tables at open,
breakdown tables at close, set up the bar, drink and server
stations, breakdown soup station), and ensure the total cleanliness
and smooth operation of the restaurant.
- Clears and resets tables.
- Must be able to pass Responsible Vendor; Service of Alcohol
test with a score of 90% or better.
- Checks identification of guests to ensure they are of legal age
to consume alcoholic beverages. Refuse to serve beverages in a
polite manner to guests who are not of legal age or to guests that
have exceeded their drinking limit.
- Treats customers in a manner to ensure their complete
satisfaction. Always strive to exceed our customers'
- Reports to work on time in a neat and clean uniform.
Well-groomed hair and personal hygiene are essential.
- Maintains adherence to all Company policies and
- Other duties as directed by management.
- Reports to required meetings.Tip CreditEmployer utilizes the
tip credit. Please see the below notification as required by law:
- The amount of cash wage the employer is paying a tipped
employee must be at least $2.13 per hour ($6.98 in Florida);
- The additional amount claimed by the employer as a tip credit,
which cannot exceed the difference between the minimum required
cash wage and the current minimum wage;
- The tip credit claimed by the employer cannot exceed the amount
of tips actually received by the tipped employee;
- All tips received by the tipped employee are to be retained by
the employee except for a valid tip pooling arrangement limited to
employees who customarily and regularly receive tips;
- The tip credit will not apply to any tipped employee unless the
employee has been informed of these tip credit provisions.
- Tips must be declared every day at the end o the shift in the
POS system.Requirements Competencies and Skills
- Customer Focus/Attentiveness.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Must be of legal age according to State regulations to serve
- Basic mathematical, reading and writing skills.
- Must be able to make change.
- Basic computer skills.
- Multi-task oriented.
- Knowledge of workplace safety procedures
- Must be able to suggestively sell food and beverage items.
- Must have good command of the English language, both oral and
written and must be able to communicate with management, fellow
employees and customers including asking for clarification on
tasks, policies and procedures.
- Must report to work when scheduled and on time with a positive
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates
- Be able to complete ServSafe Food Handler and Responsible
Vendor training.Supervisory ResponsibilityThis position has no
supervisory responsibilities. Work EnvironmentThis position
operates in a restaurant setting. The noise level in the work
environment can be loud. The employee may be exposed to hazards
including, but are not limited to, cuts, slips, trips, falls and
burns. Frequent hand washing is required. The hours of work vary as
business dictate. Physical DemandsThe physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to talk and hear. Thisposition is very active and requires
standing, walking, bending, kneeling, reaching, carrying, stooping
and crouching during the entire shift. The position may require
occasional lifting of products weighing up to 50 pounds. Position
Type/Expected Hours of WorkThis position regularly requires long
working hours and frequent weekend and evenings work. TravelNo
travel is expected for this position. Education and Experience
- State applicable health and/or alcohol compliance card.
- Must be of legal age according to state regulations to serve
Keywords: Shrimp Basket, Birmingham , Server, Other , Gardendale, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!