Company: Kemper Corp.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Birmingham AL, Jacksonville FL
Kemper is one of the nation's leading specialized insurers. Our
success is a direct reflection of the talented and diverse people
who make a positive difference in the lives of our customers every
day. We believe a high-performing culture, valuable opportunities
for personal development and professional challenge, and a healthy
work-life balance can be highly motivating and productive. Kemper's
products and services are making a real difference to our
customers, who have unique and evolving needs. By joining our team,
you are helping to provide an experience to our stakeholders that
delivers on our promises.
Kemper is growing and seeking a Procurement Buyer to add to the
team. In this role you will be reporting to the Assistant Vice
President of Procurement to support the procurement of goods and
services that Kemper requires. The Buyer is responsible for
supporting the Procurement Operations team.
* Process requisitions and update stakeholders on status of
* Manage PO change order process, including managing receipts and
* Manage Procurement mailbox and triage requests to appropriate
* Build relationships with suppliers and negotiate with them for
the best pricing.
* Communicates with vendors regarding requirements, discrepancies,
pricing, substitutes, and backorders.
* Research, select and purchase quality products and materials.
* Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform
the functions of the job.
* Develop recommendations/solutions to problems encountered in
* Work closely with Sourcing team and other departments to help
design and implement processes.
* Other duties as assigned.
* 2 years' experience in a Procurement or Accounts Payable role
* ERP systems experience (Workday preferred but not required)
* Competent computer skills (Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint)
* Experience with a contract management system (e.g., iCertis) a
* Works independently; receives minimal guidance.
* Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments
* Must have strong team-collaboration, communication, and
* Multitasks with a focus on customer service and satisfaction.
* Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing
Kemper is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants
will be considered for employment without attention to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran, disability status or any other status protected by
the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We are
committed to supporting diversity and equality across our
organization and we work diligently to maintain a workplace free
Keywords: Kemper Corp., Birmingham , Procurement Buyer, Other , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!