Senior Big Data System Engineer
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology? An
industry solutions professional who wants to work in a
collaborative environment. As an experienced Senior Systems
Engineer - Big Data Platforms you will have the ability to share
new ideas and collaborate on projects as a consultant without the
extensive demands of travel. If so, consider an opportunity with
Deloitte under our Project Delivery Talent Model. Project Delivery
Model (PDM) is a talent model that is tailored specifically for
long-term, onsite client service delivery. PDM practitioners are
local to project locations, minimizing extensive travel, and
provides you with a full career path within the firm.
Work you'll do/Responsibilities
This is an opportunity to join a fast-paced team that plays a key
role in the overall success of our client's organization through
technology enablement. You'll play a critical part in driving our
client's technology vision forward and ensuring execution across
multiple initiatives while working directly with our client's
employees as well as Deloitte counterparts.
- Design, Build, and Implement complex large-scale, and
high-volume data platforms for downstream analytics and data
- Collaborate with fellow engineers, engineering program
managers, data scientists, and business teams to understand the
business landscape to effectively design technical requirements and
- Platform components can range from core storage and processing
capabilities and critical pipelines to exploratory analysis tools,
model development and training infrastructure, to online inference
architectures that react to real-time signals and preserve the
privacy of our customers.
- Architecting innovative solutions while playing a hands-on role
to deliver products in a rapid and dynamic environment.
- Develop tools to monitor system health, performance, and
As a part of the US Strategy & Analytics Offering Portfolio, the AI
& Data Operations offering provides managed AI, Intelligent
Automation, and Data DevOps services across the
- Shown deep internals understanding of Hadoop.
- Extensive experience with Big Data, Spark, stream processing,
and various database technologies (RDBMS, NoSQL, etc.).
- 5+ years of software engineering experience, preferably with
- Experience with building scalable solutions utilizing Cloud and
- Comfortable with automation and DevOps methodologies.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively within the
team and with our stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information
Technology, Computer Engineering, or related IT discipline; or
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- Travel up to 10% annually.
- A self-starter, with a getting-things-done attitude and a
problem solver mindset.
- Data analysis and data engineering skills are a plus.
Keywords: Deloitte, Birmingham , Senior Big Data System Engineer, Other , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!