Procurement Specialist (MBUSI)
Company: EDAG, Inc.
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Who we are:EDAG is a company that brings out of the box, forward
thinking individuals together to create an exciting and
enthusiastic team of engineers. Together we build an environment
where innovation can flourish, leading to class leading design
solutions.Be part of a team that draws upon an unrivaled level of
experience. EDAG provides world-class engineering services to
throughout the globe and has a proven track record. We have the
skills, knowledge and experience to solve even the most complex of
engineering problems.Our 'leave no stone unturned' approach
utilizing the latest engineering tools available, ensures our
engineers are equipped with the technology to achieve any goal.
Come and be a part of EDAG Inc., where we are designing for the
future. This is how you will grow: Under general supervision, this
position will be part of a multinational project team to optimize
Transportation Logistics Procurement activities for all
Mercedes-Benz entities in the NAFTA region. Worldwide
Transportation is responsible to manage the total transportation
service budget of Mercedes-Benz in NAFTA to provide the best supply
chain transportation solutions possible.
- Provide primary support of the procurement and optimization of
the transportation supply chains used for delivery of production
and aftermarket parts in the NAFTA Region.
- Execute the goals and milestones of the work projects,
including procurement and contract management for transportation
- Support the purchasing of transportation services in all
aspects including, but not limited to, conceptual development, data
gathering and validation, creation of tender specifications, bidder
list creation, tendering and negotiation with transportation
service providers, alignment of recommendations, decision process
support with steering committee/top management presentations,
contract management, ramp up.
- Align transportation logistics concepts, strategies, and
savings initiatives with affected Mercedes-Benz NAFTA
- Support the realization of initiatives in cross-BU project
teams in all aspects including, but not limited to, project
planning with goal definition and milestone setting, close
collaboration and alignment with business unit logistics
operations, proactive expectation management, and professional
steering committee presentations
- Provide information about status of project goals and
milestones, including the financial transparency and reporting to
forecast and control transportation costs. Participate in
Continuous Improvement activities within the team.
- Regular interface, status of assignments/activities,
deliverables & development with E4 Manager.
- Participate in weekly staff, huddles, continuous improvement
and project meetings. Lead organizational and contract/legal
processes & systems for assigned transportation commodity.
- Tender-based interaction for planning and strategy
confirmation, commercial requirements and service performance
expectations with IBL/OBL Business Unit Partners.
- Relationship management, capacity and performance monitoring,
cost transparency, market awareness and innovation reviews with Key
Carrier and Business Service Representatives.
- Information collection and alignment, problem resolution and
guidance with Internal Daimler supporting departments.
- Take the necessary actions within the area in order to
contribute to the achievement and maintenance of certificates of
quality, environmental, fiscal, information technology or any
other; as well as being required to maintain the confidentiality of
information company or business that may make the certification
dilemma or welfare of the company itself or its employees.
- Always addressed in strict accordance with local legislation
and all policies and procedures established by Mercedes-Benz.
- Employee is required to adhere to our leadership principles and
- Commitment to comply with corresponding responsibilities
established in the corporate policy Check against Sanction Lists
(CSL) and the applicable local policies and procedures.
- Perform safe work practices and ensure accountability for
encouraging a safety culture to improve behavior and performance in
- Ensure Team Members follow OSHA and corporate safety
procedures, regulations and standards applicable to the workplace
through training appropriate to the needs of Team Members and tasks
assigned to them.
- Report all unsafe acts, unsafe conditions, and injuries to
- Perform other duties as required.
This is how you will take us forward:This position requires a
Bachelor's degree in (Choose all the apply):
- Supply Chain / Operations Management
- Business Administration
- Information Technology / Management Information Systems
- Or related area or the equivalent combination of education &
experience A minimum of five (5) years' of relevant professional
experience in the following area(s):
- Supply Chain
- Business Admin
- Purchasing, and/or Finance Required Skills - Soft skills---
Influence and Negotiation--- Effective Communication--- Project
Management--- Analysis and Problem Solving--- Strategic
ThinkingHard skills --- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and
PowerPoint. Ability to organize and summarize large data sets---
Contractual / Legal knowledge and business acumen, involving---
High level of inter cultural intelligence and people skills---
Transportation, Logistics and/or Purchasing experience preferred
--- Knowledge of OEM vehicle manufacturing preferred--- English
Business fluentLeadership competencies--- Purpose--- Agility---
Empowerment--- Driven to win--- Pioneering spirit--- Learning---
Co-creation--- Customer orientationPreferred Skills -
- Spanish and/or German language skills preferredDay (Admin)
Shift - Monday thru Friday, 7:00AM - 4:00PM **NO C2C or staffing
agencies submittals**No Sponsorship is Available at this TimeNo
relocation- Preference will be given to local candidatesEDAG Inc.
is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse
workforce. EDAG Inc. does not discriminate based on race, color,
religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran
status or any other state, local, or federal employment laws.
EDAG's intends that all qualified applicants be given equal
opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related
Keywords: EDAG, Inc., Birmingham , Procurement Specialist (MBUSI), Other , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!