Senior Furnace Designer
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Senior Furnace Designer
US-OH-Toledo - US-OH-Alliance - US-AL-Birmingham - US-OH-Columbus -
US-MI-Midland - US-TN-Nashville
You don't have to be an employee long before you understand the
SSOE difference. It goes back to our history of reinventing
ourselves for new markets, serious rates of growth year after year,
and being ahead of the curve in technology. Those are the
achievements of a company that rewards talent and effort in ways
that mean the most to the individual. When you work at SSOE, you
work with the best and you're a part of something bigger than
yourself. And providing the best possible workplace for our
employees gives us a competitive advantage-helping us attract and
retain top talent and drive better business results. The senior
furnace designer will provide technical expertise in the area of
furnace, refiner and forehearth refractory and steel design.
Projects will include furnace repairs to extend furnace life and
furnace rebuilds both major and minor.
This position has the responsibility to develop the project scope
and schedule for furnace rebuilds and repairs and for selection of
materials and equipment. The position will require 30% travel to
client sites for field investigation and will require extended
travel during furnace rebuilds. Responsibilities include those
required to deliver quality service on schedule and within budget
in a team environment.
- Interprets, organizes, executes and
coordinates project assignments of varies sizes with the overall
responsibility for budget adherence, quality control and
- Makes decisions independently on design problems, practices and
methods, but may receive input on unusual or complex problems from
the department manager for proposed design solutions.
- Provides detailed design services for glass furnace and
forehearth, refractory and binding steel.
- Assists in the design and layout of hot end operating systems
such as furnace cooling wind, cooling water and combustion system
- Works with structural and mechanical engineers to develop
scopes, specifications and construction bid packages.
- Leads a team of furnace designers, assign work for the team,
coordinate overall furnace area project to adhere to project scope
and schedule and review work of project design team.
- Checks progress of work and alerts project manager to changes
of scope or additional services.
- Acts as a technical leader for projects and work directly with
the client to insure adherence to overall project goals.
- Associate degree or certificate of completion of other post
secondary training in engineering desired.
- Minimum of 10 years of glass furnace design and rebuild/repair
- Leadership skills to manage the design team and work directly
with the client team
- Ability to manage project budget, scope, schedule, and work
under tight deadlines.
- Glass furnace design expertise is required.
- Autocad 2D experience is required.
- 3D experience (Inventor or SolidWorks or similar) is a
- Attention to detail.
- Self starter with minimal oversight in execution of
Keywords: SSOE, Birmingham , Senior Furnace Designer, Other , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!